Ladies introduction thread.. don't be shy!

EDIT:  I have changed the topic title again as I am hoping that maybe this thread can be a sticky?

The Porsche Forum Australia is a very special place for all Porsche enthusiasts. Unlike some online car forums, the PFA is not 'man cave',  this is a safe and welcoming place to talk Porsche regardless of where you are from, what Porsche you drive (or don't)  and of course what gender you are.

So ladies, please do jump on in and get involved - you won't regret it. You'll make new friends, have some laughs and will increase Porsche ownership enjoyment a hundred-fold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had 5 women drive in the Motorkhana last Sunday which made me think that there must be more women reading this forum and not participating... I want to see if I can get a few more to participate here!

I see many women driving modern Boxsters,  Caymans, Panameras, 911s and Cayennes on the roads - so Pam and I can't be the only ones that read the PFA.

Please, if you are a Porsche loving lady reading this - join in.  Whilst I'm not in a Porsche (for now)  I'm still obsessed with them - so even if you are planning to buy one in the future or are just a huge fan of the marque, also feel free to jump in :)

I'm sure we have wives here too that could join in.. like Ursula for example :D  and Michelle the speed demon in the Cayenne :)

Cheers and look forward to hearing from you...

Amanda

I don't know everything that these guys know about their Porsche's but I know I love it just as much and hope to learn heaps more by being apart of this forum.

hi pam don't bet on it :)

Amanda good idea...whilst the forum scene can often smell like a boys lav...PFA mostly seems to avoid this particular odour. :)

hi pam don't bet on it :)

Amanda good idea...whilst the forum scene can often smell like a boys lav...PFA mostly seems to avoid this particular odour. :)

It never smells like a boys lav here Michel, which is why it would be great to have a few more women aboard. It's the perfect place for men and women alike to share the Porsche passion. It's a safe place for everyone whether you like the technical aspects of car builds or just the asthetics of the marque.

PFA is a place to find new friends that share a common interest.

After the weekend Michelle says she'll join up...i'll give here a nudge.  She's only asked me about 50 times if the motorkhana scores are up yet...that way she could check herself!  Our nextdoor neighbour has a 997 C4 and she is obsessed with Porsche...I keep telling them to come on a SMT but they are not early risers...I kept thinking I should have told them about the motorkhana...

It never smells like a boys lav here Michel, which is why it would be great to have a few more women aboard. It's the perfect place for men and women alike to share the Porsche passion. It's a safe place for everyone whether you like the technical aspects of car builds or just the asthetics of the marque.

PFA is a place to find new friends that share a common interest.

Hi Amanda I was agreeing with you and was also suggesting that not all blokes me included know as much as our forum warrior avatars allow us

Hi Amanda I was agreeing with you and was also suggesting that not all blokes me included know as much as our forum warrior avatars allow us

Oh good - I just wanted to reiterate what you'd also said and make sure for anyone reading there was no intention of my behalf to suggest this was a boys lav! Phew - we can move on from that then.

MICHELLE - welcome aboard.  Was so nice meeting you last Sunday..

TrevMcRev please do get your neighbour to poke her head in.  Once there is a few ladies aboard, I'll set up a ladies SMT (obviously it will be open to all but we might make it less about twisties and more about a general cruise with a devonshire tea at the end or ? )  and we can do it at a time that suits non-early risers and might also suit the early long bonnet cars etc.   Pam has kindly offered me a seat in her 986 until I have my own ride - so we can make it happen!

I have to agree with OZ930...

Love to have more females involved in SMTs, but it would be a shame not to have everyone in together...

Of course there would be nothing to stop the girls from driving in their own convoy between stages if that was preferred, bearing in mind that there are plenty of guys who drive a lot slower than the girls at the motorkhana the other day, so intimidation should not be a rationale for separation!

Barry, surely Ursula would be in for a run?  :) If someone promised to go extra slow to keep her company, I'm sure AnneMaree would be happy to bring DEX out for a run!  <_<  :wacko:  :rolleyes:  ^_^

Good idea to encourage more women .……but please don't segregate into male and female events, just Porsche enthusiasts.

Isn't that what PFA is all about ?

I have to agree with OZ930...

Love to have more females involved in SMTs, but it would be a shame not to have everyone in together...

Of course there would be nothing to stop the girls from driving in their own convoy between stages if that was preferred, bearing in mind that there are plenty of guys who drive a lot slower than the girls at the motorkhana the other day, so intimidation should not be a rationale for separation!

Barry, surely Ursula would be in for a run?  :) If someone promised to go extra slow to keep her company, I'm sure AnneMaree would be happy to bring DEX out for a run!  <_<  :wacko:  :rolleyes:  ^_^

Guys look at what I said:

Once there is a few ladies aboard, I'll set up a ladies SMT (obviously it will be open to all but we might make it less about twisties and more about a general cruise with a devonshire tea at the end or ? )  and we can do it at a time that suits non-early risers and might also suit the early long bonnet cars etc.   Pam has kindly offered me a seat in her 986 until I have my own ride - so we can make it happen!

I'm just thinking out loud there - Ladies SMT maybe wrong choice of words but what I'd like to do is project the idea of having a SMT that is more relaxed, later in the day, not about speed on the twisties.  A slightly different type of SMT to the normal get up early and go for a flat out run through the black spur or the reefton.   I can't keep up with you guys and I know I'm not the only one!

How about a -  Welcome ladies to the PFA - SMT   :)

I was just trying to think of ways to attract new people to PFA and get them involved. Not cause segregation.  NEVER.

It can be intimidating turning up to your first SMT.

Anyhoo, I'll shut up now and go back to playing with the MINIs.

Amanda, are you seriously accusing me of not properly reading something before I shout my mouth off?!?!?!  <_< 

Well, YOU'RE NOT THE FIRST!     Bah ha ha ha!!!  :P

Ahh, the trials of only reading the most recent, and not the whole thread... sorry A, promise to be more studious next time. ;)

But seriously, I think you're right, it can be intimidating, regardless of sex, turning up for a first SMT. I think knowing that it isn't all about boyz'n toyz is important. We're a much more well rounded bunch of characters, and indeed some of us even take pride in hanging back and enjoying a leisurely run between stages, and arriving 10-15 minutes after everyone else only to find that there is still a 15 minute wait for the skinny mocha triple shot decaf latté anyway! :) Probably not me, but, some of us... :ph34r:

Amanda, are you seriously accusing me of not properly reading something before I shout my mouth off?!?!?!  <_< 

Well, YOU'RE NOT THE FIRST!     Bah ha ha ha!!!  :P

Ahh, the trials of only reading the most recent, and not the whole thread... sorry A, promise to be more studious next time. ;)

But seriously, I think you're right, it can be intimidating, regardless of sex, turning up for a first SMT. I think knowing that it isn't all about boyz'n toyz is important. We're a much more well rounded bunch of characters, and indeed some of us even take pride in hanging back and enjoying a leisurely run between stages, and arriving 10-15 minutes after everyone else only to find that there is still a 15 minute wait for the skinny mocha triple shot decaf latté anyway! :) Probably not me, but, some of us... :ph34r:

Sorry Kerry, I was a little disrespectful in my delivery to you above.  I realised that just before you replied.

You are totally correct about it being intimidating, we all feel the same feelings at times. And the older cars don't have all the safety gadgets of newer ones, so even more scary for sure. 

I agree that PFA is a great environment.  Anyone noticed that Pelican has taken a bit of a turn towards the lav?

There is a bunch of guys there who jump on any thread and destroy it with their stupid in-jokes. It really destroys the threads. The AC threads are the worst, where the same endless arguments repeat and repeat. Meanwhile the poor thread starter leaves and starts a new thread. Then there is the hatefest that destroyed Magnus' thread and drove him off the site. It's been a while since a really good build thread has been started as well, though I haven't been reading much.

It can be intimidating turning up to your first SMT.

Why do you feel that way? Is it because you don't know everyone, worried that it is too blokes, or because your worried about the driving? The answer to getting more women along is probably in the answer to this question.

Why do you feel that way? Is it because you don't know everyone, worried that it is too blokes, or because your worried about the driving? The answer to getting more women along is probably in the answer to this question.

It's all of those things and probably more for different poeple Coastr.  I don't feel intimidated on runs now (in the MINI) if I feel I'm in the way of a faster driver, I get out the way. 

As for PFA, when I get back in a P car, especially if I manage to get into that air-cooled one I so dearly would love, I'll definitely have butterflies as I'll be worried if I can handle the bends etc in it.. but probably a healthy way to feel, might save me from bending it :P

At the end of the day we are talking about something very complex here, individuals in social settings, anxiety levels etc  wont be any right answer.   The thing is - you have to involve yourself as you feel 100% better once you have  than if you had not! And those initial feelings die off soon after you have involved yourself :D