Ladies introduction thread.. don't be shy!

My mother and sister share a 964 turbo but neither of them Internet much unfortunately. Though I swear I see them logged into Pinterest all the time..

They do!  That is super cool clutch-monkey  :) 

And Barry - pfffft I have printed that off to show Ursula next time I see her.  In hindsight, I should have gotten her in the car with me to navigate last Sunday, maybe I'd have not gotten as lost?  Notice I said 'as' ???  :D

Hi there, and thankyou to Amanda for the invitation to join. Nice work sleuthing a connection from Petrolicious to Linkedin!

I've recently purchased my long-loved beastie, a 1962 356B, and am rebuilding her in my driveway. Fuel tank repaired, petcock cleaned restored, and new fuel line sorted, dual carbies installed, with new throttle linkages and all dialed in. Put in new points last week and corrected the ignition switch so she now starts like a dream for the first time in a decade. Next is brakes and gearbox, then after a blue slip inspection, hopefully she'll be on the road and ready for some serious driving! 

Cheers,

Jane. 

Hi Jane,

Nice to meet you and welcome to the group. Love to hear all the work you are doing on that car, sounds great! I wish I had those abilities. I am taking my Boxster on the track at Sandown for the first time in June and am very excited about it! Look forward to getting to know you and seeing you on the road when your car is up and running

Yay!   Welcome aboard Jane...  so pleased you didn't think I was some weirdo and signed up :)

Lots of people here will be really interested in your build, you could make a post on it and document it as you go if you so wish.

Welcome again and look forward to your participation :)

:D

Thanks ladies! What a warm welcome! I am just self-taught - no formal skills but I read and research a lot, and am assisted by my amazing bloke Bill and his son who between them have rebuilt Tom's 71 Mini and work regularly on our 71 Chevvy. Tom just won the first prize at the inaugural Mighty Car Mod MCMNationals. (If you don't follow Might Car Mods, I can highly recommend it - Australia's answer to Top Gear, started by two blokes in a suburban garage. Marty and Moog are great fun and very knowledgeable. It's not for everyone, but worth checking out.) Plus, the 356 is brilliantly old school analogue - car Lego for grownups! - it's mostly about problem solving via trial and error. Am documenting the build on my Facebook wall but perhaps I should shift that over here? Pam - a track day would be so exciting! I'm really looking forward to being able to drive my little beastie, and meet up with other can nuts, blokes and ladies included!

J  :)

Thanks ladies! What a warm welcome! I am just self-taught - no formal skills but I read and research a lot, and am assisted by my amazing bloke Bill and his son who between them have rebuilt Tom's 71 Mini and work regularly on our 71 Chevvy. Tom just won the first prize at the inaugural Mighty Car Mod MCMNationals. (If you don't follow Might Car Mods, I can highly recommend it - Australia's answer to Top Gear, started by two blokes in a suburban garage. Marty and Moog are great fun and very knowledgeable. It's not for everyone, but worth checking out.) Plus, the 356 is brilliantly old school analogue - car Lego for grownups! - it's mostly about problem solving via trial and error. Am documenting the build on my Facebook wall but perhaps I should shift that over here? Pam - a track day would be so exciting! I'm really looking forward to being able to drive my little beastie, and meet up with other can nuts, blokes and ladies included!

J   :)

Well sounds like you have quite the support team going on there Jane.

if you have the spare time to post your build here, go for it :D

Thanks so much! Yep, I'm in Newie. My beastie isn't on the road just yet but if we can make it there we will for sure. Thankyou for the link and heads-up!

J.

(ps. When I said thanks Ladies, I was just replying to the people who'd said hello since I joined this morning...at that stage all ladies!  :D)

So, the unexpected invitation to join the PFA reinforced a few suggestions and requests for me to start documenting my car rebuild. My stepson last night said "you need to start a blog man. Get this story out there!" So I have. 

It's early days, but the blog is now here : https://spannersandsparks.wordpress.com

Words and pics to follow as time allows. Thanks again ladies and blokes for the very warm welcome, and the extra encouragement I needed to start writing. 

J.