Ladies introduction thread.. don't be shy!

Ohhh, I'm not quite that age, Peter! 

Charlestown RTA, September, 1992... Frank knocked my big brother back on his first attempt, my cousin took four goes before he got through. The youngest girl in the family and landing my Ps first go...there was outrage amongst the older lads  ;)

So, the unexpected invitation to join the PFA reinforced a few suggestions and requests for me to start documenting my car rebuild. My stepson last night said "you need to start a blog man. Get this story out there!" So I have. 

It's early days, but the blog is now here : https://spannersandsparks.wordpress.com

Words and pics to follow as time allows. Thanks again ladies and blokes for the very warm welcome, and the extra encouragement I needed to start writing. 

J. 

Geez Jane - your first blog post is wonderful!

The lawnmower comment made me laugh.  So I had a go once on my Dad's lawnmower.  I didn't want to drive it, in fact he yelled at me and forced me to have a go at it.  Didn't teach me how to use it. So I jump on, my middle brother Chris gives me some instruction.. and I'm off... wwwoooooooossssh backwards... couldn't stop it!  And straight into the back of Dad's XJ6.  A big dent later... he's  yelling at me even louder this time as I take off across the paddock away from him.

He didn't kill me..  Mum was around to calm him down and show him the error of his ways  ie Amanda didn't want to ride it so you shouldn't have made her!  :P

Geez Jane - your first blog post is wonderful!

The lawnmower comment made me laugh.  So I had a go once on my Dad's lawnmower.  I didn't want to drive it, in fact he yelled at me and forced me to have a go at it.  Didn't teach me how to use it. So I jump on, my middle brother Chris gives me some instruction.. and I'm off... wwwoooooooossssh backwards... couldn't stop it!  And straight into the back of Dad's XJ6.  A big dent later... he's  yelling at me even louder this time as I take off across the paddock away from him.

He didn't kill me..  Mum was around to calm him down and show him the error of his ways  ie Amanda didn't want to ride it so you shouldn't have made her!  :P

Oh that's funny! Love it! And into the XJ... ouch! My brother once drove Dad's audi partially through the garage wall and into the laundry. Dad was exceptionally good about it....

• 2 weeks later...

<_<  ^_^  ;)  :D

Ha.. you can't tell Jane by his avatar and his little motorkhana pic,  but Kerry is a bloke and also our PFA leader  :P   :P   :P   ahh I'm having a giggle right now.

Haha! I can go one better , because it's Friday!

day.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jenny and my husband is a member as well, Nick (NiX).  He has been at me for a long time for me to join and I have now signed up!

We share a Boxster S (it is really mine) and a 1977 911.  I have had a long background in cars - since I was a child I have been part of motor racing as my grandfather had a long relationship with many of motor sports big names - Stan Jone, Reg Hunt, Lex Davison.  My grandfather was Otto Stone and his pride and joy was the MG K3.  The picture below is him at Albert Park driving the 550 Spyder (owned by Norman Hamilton).  My profile picture is me sitting in the very same Porsche which is now owned by Lindsay Fox.

Looking forward to meeting one and all and my first signup will be the first PFA Sandown Track Day next year!  It has always been a passion to follow in my grandfathers footsteps and get out on the race track... 

See you all soon.

Jenny

P1.jpg

Hi Jenny, nice to meet you, welcome my name is Pam and I have a 2004 Boxster. I did the come and try day last year at Sandown and had a blast! Best thing I ever did. Have not had a chance to get back on the track though. Maybe one day again as I absolutely loved it!! Hope you love it here in the forum! Pam ?

• 3 years later...

Hi Ladies, my name is Mel. I just came in to say hello and introduce myself 👋 ☺️ I’m new here and like many of you, if not all I’m obsessed with Porsche’s and am lucky enough to own one. Having separation anxiety though whilst it’s in servicing. Miss my baby! 

*oops just realised these posts are from years ago 🤷‍♀️ 😔

Edited by Porscha911

32 minutes ago, Porscha911 said:

Hi Ladies, my name is Mel. I just came in to say hello and introduce myself 👋 ☺️ I’m new here and like many of you, if not all I’m obsessed with Porsche’s and am lucky enough to own one. Having separation anxiety though whilst it’s in servicing. Miss my baby! 

*oops just realised these posts are from years ago 🤷‍♀️ 😔

No oops required, some threads seem to sit for awhile then take off again.

Welcome aboard.

• 1 year later...
On 30/01/2020 at 20:35, Porscha911 said:

Enjoy :)

Love it! I admit I was always a bit adverse to the 996 headlight styling, but lately, the 996.2 really does stand up nicely and has aged well. How do you find the roof in those targas?