Sunday May 3rd - Brooklyn - P-car catch up

Hi all

Started a thread yesterday on organizing a P-car Meet. Difficult to get everything right for all but have just decided to go for it and suggest a day and time and hope as many of you are able to turn up as possible. The idea is to start meeting each other, putting names to faces and check out each others cars

Details

Sunday 3rd May

7.30-8am meeting - for those wanting to do for a drive I guess we leave around 9.00-9.30? Thinking wisemans Ferry drive at the moment.

Brooklyn (under Mooney Mooney Bridge)- exact location tbc

Right now we have:

TurboT

JV911

lets add to that list!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it be easier, just for this time, to congregate at the boat ramp that is visible from the F1 northbound?

It's right there on the freeway, take Brooklyn exit and you're there, easy access to and from and plenth of room for all.

Just a suggestion ..... can always organise something else for next time.

BTW .... should be able to make it ....

The hunter euro day and I think c&c will also be on that day.

I'd be happy to meet some where before c&c, stay there for any hour and then drive the back roads to newy to catch up with those lads.

There's some good roads to had on the way up and back.

Wouldn't it be easier, just for this time, to congregate at the boat ramp that is visible from the F1 northbound?

It's right there on the freeway, take Brooklyn exit and you're there, easy access to and from and plenth of room for all.

Just a suggestion ..... can always organise something else for next time.

BTW .... should be able to make it ....

sounds fine to me - i actually don't know the area that well. Happy if this is is better

The hunter euro day and I think c&c will also be on that day.

I'd be happy to meet some where before c&c, stay there for any hour and then drive the back roads to newy to catch up with those lads.

There's some good roads to had on the way up and back.

we are kind of doing this because C&C has become a bit out of hand and not as p-car focused as we want. Come down and enjoy the drive back!

looking good so far guys

JV911

turboT

BJM

tony1

Dreamr

baso

MV911

trm

I recon we are all going to need name tags - I will bring a roll of masking tape :)

As long as using it for name tags is all you want to use it for, turbo ......

Great idea and I really appreciate your energy.  That particular Sunday, I won't be available, however, I will keep watching for future meets.

Regards

David.

Not to rain on your parade, but i believe Tingy had posted re Hunter Euro car show at newcastle on the same day.

Don't know if you want to come up for that or not.

There was a few of us going to that.

I'll have a special wide roll for you Dreamr :) - maybe one of those fancy blue coloured ones

Thanks for the thoughtful offer, turbo, but I think it might clash with the colour of my car ....

Us Porsche owners like to be colour co-ordinated .....

Thanks for the thoughtful offer, turbo, but I think it might clash with the colour of my car ....

Us Porsche owners like to be colour co-ordinated .....

strictly speaking then I should be all good with regular masking tape (we all know that red colour is non original:))

The list is growing. In years to come these will be the names we remember as participants in the first 'Porsche's in the Park.' Anyone Welcome.

JV911

turboT

BJM

tony1

Dreamr

baso

MV911

trm

bora

galah66 - subject to wife

Autohaus

NickOo - subject to car

Dominicxu1 - subject to potential hangover

Ok. Had to go and pick up the 964 today which took me Northside so I thought I would go and check out the potential destination as suggested by JV911.

Perfect

We have a location guys for the first meet - boat ramp park, end of George street, Brooklyn (just off mooney mooney bridge).

Just before get there you take a sharp right turn and directly on the corner is a cafe called the 'Brooklyn tuckshop.' They have kindly offered to open early at 7.30 so as you can pick up a coffee on the way through. I have also ordered loads of sausage rolls from them that will be served off my 'tea tray' at 8. Sorted

Couple of pics for reference:

24CE2157-303A-4FC8-BEA1-6A1264A7D588_zps

B7E27FA2-477B-4A3C-BEB6-5651F133A344_zps

BA1F95C4-8984-4BE5-973D-CF53321474CC_zps

2A22FD2C-B098-468C-9F7D-D1DD564A1AC4_zps

Archived