anyone heard from Tazzieman recently?

Tazzie.... Maatsuyker Island, I had to google that!

Are you hiding from someone?

Sounds idyllic..  

"The island has a rugged, steep and rocky coastline and, apart from the areas cleared for the lighthouse station, is covered by dense, scrubby vegetation. The weather is frequently cold, wet and very windy."

Sounds idyllic..  

"The island has a rugged, steep and rocky coastline and, apart from the areas cleared for the lighthouse station, is covered by dense, scrubby vegetation. The weather is frequently cold, wet and very windy."

Sounds like Tasmania. Can't of gone far

He did mention once that he doesn't have a smart phone, so if he has gone on holiday and didn't managed to drag his commodore 64, large tv, cassette recorder and adapter for his UK plug (unchanged since he arrived in 74) with him, I guess this could be the issue. No doubt on a cruise.

Couldn't get the Commodore to work up the Hooker...

Hooker20Glacier20Lake206.jpg

No doubt on a cruise...no doubt at all, gotta get their first , front engined + aircooled is fastest 

Lake%20Waketipu.jpg

Mitre%20Peak%20Milford%20Sound_1_planes.

Well if it was New Zealand it's no wonder the commodore 64 didn't work. They don't have that new fangled lektrisitey thing there yet.

The water that powers their hydro falls from twice as high as the fluid running off the occasionally Snowy Mountains  :D

Ooh yeah!

FJG_e.jpg

Views are free ; make your won postcards!

Lake%20Matheson_2.jpg

Did ya see any 911s, 944s or 9sex8s there?

Very very few Porsches in the parts of Auckland , Wellington and Christchurch I visited - let alone airports or the country. Virtually no exotics of any sort in my 3 weeks away. Draw your own conclusions.

At Queenstown (the day before the gravel hillclimb , the longest in the world since Pikes Peak was bitumened)...not sure if they were going to compete , but they were well used cars , not the least bit precious looking.

911scs.jpg

scs3.jpg

scs2.jpg

Sorry , no Coxsters , 944s , 928s - and only one 996 with a lame martini inspired stripe .

Archived