I bought a .... Heap of fun

michel

Couldn't help it didn't need it wasn't looking for it I blame this guy

image_16.jpg

76 sporto tartan interior piss poor paint and shiny Fuchs ...even discovered it has the remains of factory air fitted

Thx Steve can't wait to drive it home the wrong way :)

Turbot any route suggestions ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't help it didn't need it wasn't looking for it I blame this guy

image_16.jpg

76 sporto tartan interior piss poor paint and shiny Fuchs ...even discovered it has the remains of factory air fitted

Thx Steve can't wait to drive it home the wrong way :)

Turbot any route suggestions ?

Just keep driving. By-pass your home and get to Tumut. Drive to Mytleford Via Corryong. And then turn around and drive back to Canberra the same. Will probably add about 8 hrs to your journey, but you will be having too much fun to notice

Congrats Michel, but the "piss poor paint" comment is a bit unfair don't you think?

It's actually worse than that!

Brought a great deal of pleasure to Steve. That car was a long time coming for him Enjoy.

How long before the third pedal goes in?!

Gives me an excuse to rest my hand on the passengers knee...

Tartan-sunroof-sporto nice combo hard to find and having not driven a sporto for many years it was kooky kool

Russ any tips on how to keep the thing on song while shifting

Edgy, it was a really tough call to be honest because it is such a cool car and I love it. I need a car that I can use on a daily basis and as much as I would like the sporto to be it, that is not realistic. It will be our second family car so something more modern is needed with air con and the like. I am really happy that Michael has bought it because I am sure as the the next custodian he will improve on the work that Peter & I have done. Now the fun begins looking for another!

Congrats Michel, I'm delighted the old gal is staying with a PFA'er. So many memories tied up in that hunk of steel, but I have to say, every gear-change brought a new smile to my face. Old mate that I bought her off in country Victoria reckoned he still had wads of history/receipts that he was going to dig up for me one day, I'll try to chase him up on that again, it's been a few years though.

Happy driving!

Congrats Michel, I'm delighted the old gal is staying with a PFA'er. So many memories tied up in that hunk of steel, but I have to say, every gear-change brought a new smile to my face. Old mate that I bought her off in country Victoria reckoned he still had wads of history/receipts that he was going to dig up for me one day, I'll try to chase him up on that again, it's been a few years though.

Happy driving!

Howdy , more ownership knowledge cool. OK tell me then who painted the wee beastie ( said in a mock English/Scottish rocker voice)

It's be great if you could dig up the old receipts your mate has and other paraphernalia or pics of it back in the day

So me - Steve - Peter - anyone else on PFA been an owner?

Archived