I bought a .... Heap of fun

michel

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steam wolf?

Anyways I was told Pete who owned the car before Steve was still in contact with the prev owner Adrian and Adrian had all the original owner delivery books and other stuff for this dang little Sporto .. Cool .

Contact Adrian have a good yak for half n hour, got a bit more info on the car, how he bought it mainly for his son to chase him in his corvette on sunny morning in the hills , then sold it to peter as it was just sitting there leaking oil... I mean not been used... yep he had all the books etc and would have a look ... emails swapped.

Get an email back pretty promptly stating as he sold the car to Pete at a terrific loss, due to not having the books on hand, it was only fair that I'd have to pay him to get them back, or on EBAY they go... So I'm paying

Tazzieman what was I sayin about karma the other week

haha I'm having a stir.  Unless my ISP doesn't load them, I haven't seen any pics of the car yet!  Keen to see what it looks like.

you have seen it in person though right? Steve was at the scotch nights at Uncles! lol

Fixed drivers window today... Well got it functioning .

Google what I found in the bottom of my door . Order been readied for pelican et al - will do both window regulators while I'm at it. Save the hassle of another evening failure in late autumn.

Worth checking particularly if your window skips or is getting hard to wind up down. Or in my case the window just heads south..

had mick 'clean hands' mcconnell on the job with me

image_70.jpg

end of screwdriver pointing to part of the problem - this is the split bush that holds the tension spring. Adding these and a couple of other bits n pieces to the pelican order

image_72.jpg

reassembled

image_71.jpg

next job along with properly fixing the regulators will be new door cards as they are a bit rotten on the bottom edges. possibly in tartan?....

tartan wrap on the bonnet or engine lid...tartan gt stripes anyone...?  :)

steve is the passenger side mirror manual or electric? these G series cars are very high tech. Just found out I had an intermittent wiper switch.

Ahh, the handiest extra help you can get..

With Mick around, you take a part off, before you know it he has stripped it back, cleaned it up to factory and ready for reassembly.... All without missing a syllable... Good help.

Howdy tk.. Well this time micks gloves stayed surgically clean.... Have to admit I inadvertently picked up one of his workshop manuals with... Dirty fingers oops . I think we're still mates

;)

I'm sure he's keen to rip into the Sporto again though

Mr fish certainly the alternator battery wiring issue was an unexpected setback - heating should be simple to fix along with both window regulators

The Sporto happily chugged down the Clyde and took me to the private oyster leases of horse island

Archived