Sign in to follow this  
AC78

SC spare tyre air pump

Does anybody know if the spare tyre air pump came standard with each car, or was it an optional extra? I don't have one in my SC but would like to get one, if it's supposed to have one.

Never found a definitive answer to that, but be prepared to dig deep if you want a real one.

i think option Alex..

PS there are also some cool RS repro Co2 conflators if you're interested

came with every car new,that had a spacesaver tyre

just grab one from bursons,

there was a few different factory versions over the years

Hey mate, I bought one for my SC a couple or years ago, as a 'spare' not that Ive ever needed another, anyhow I paid $200 for it, if you want it pm me, im in Melbourne.

911B, pm sent

I saw a few on eBay and not that cheap, especially considering I will never use the pump or the immaculate space saver it's designed for! Probably won't mention all this to my wife.

Did the 78s have the orange one (present in my 81 928 and 85 944),  or another model?

I vaguely recall something about different ones for different countries.

If anybody has got an SC factory air compressor and could post a pic that would be very helpful. Cheers

This pelican thread has various photos, including a correct for 74-83 pump.

However, it also appears that these might have been dealer supplied so might be different depending on country of delivery, as per Tazzieman.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/342678-factory-spare-tire-air-pump-2.html

My understanding is that they were supplied in cars with the spacesaver spare (as someone else mentioned). Mine is one of the orange ones. Still works fine. Spare looks like its never been used.