THE BASTARD - 944 LS1

God Chris, you really know how to put a car together! Great choices all round, loving the splitter and the wheels, well you know my Japan X Germany love is strong, realised I missed you at the last C&C :(

Regarding the wheel size disclaimer, I see this also from a weight factor, having more mass acting on the suspension components. If it was related to sidewall height and therefore increased stiffness of said sidewall, would that mean, you could never run a slick tyre on the factor wheels? as they would be stiffer than factory advised?

Also amen to RPF1 in 5x130 PCD, would make my day. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God Chris, you really know how to put a car together! Great choices all round, loving the splitter and the wheels, well you know my Japan X Germany love is strong, realised I missed you at the last C&C :(

Regarding the wheel size disclaimer, I see this also from a weight factor, having more mass acting on the suspension components. If it was related to sidewall height and therefore increased stiffness of said sidewall, would that mean, you could never run a slick tyre on the factor wheels? as they would be stiffer than factory advised?

Also amen to RPF1 in 5x130 PCD, would make my day. 

Thanks Ferd! There are a few Japanese wheels that suit the old Porsche's. I saw your car drive in at the last meetup but didn't stay too long... it looks oh so fresh in that colour scheme and really stands out on the road, love it :D

I would guess it's a combination of factors... weight, tinner side walls, lack of suitable 18" tyre options and protecting their asses legally etc. Picking up the 17" RUF wheels with 255 tyres, the te37 with 295s felt noticably lighter. The car is also more responsive and direct on turn in and the overall grip level is hugely improved.

Put me on the list for some rpf1 ;)

That was sold to Buchanan Automotive about a year ago.

I think there are a few that would have loved to get that motor, me included, but I didn't have my 944 then, great looking car, would love to see it in the flesh. I seen photos of a 944 with a V6 in it, but a 5.7lt Ls1 is wild.

The one I spotted had a Buick v6 in it, & it was for sale on Carsales. I think it was from around Newcastle somewhere. It was before I was in the market to purchase, just looking as you do.

I remember that car he had quite a bit of money on it at the time.

Timm and I shared the camera and took some photos of our 944's over the Christmas break. The black face, polished lip meisters work a treat on the white car. Thanks to clutch-monkey and MFX for suggesting black bolts for the front splitter... much less distracting!

944_37.jpg

944_43.jpg

944_46.jpg

944_47.jpg

944_48.jpg

944_42.jpg

944_38.jpg

944_45.jpg

944_44.jpg

944_40.jpg

944_39.jpg

944_41.jpg

944_49.jpg

944_50.jpg

944_51.jpg

944_52.jpg

944_55.jpg

944_56.jpg

944_53.jpg

944_57.jpg

944_58.jpg

944_54.jpg

The one I spotted had a Buick v6 in it, & it was for sale on Carsales. I think it was from around Newcastle somewhere. It was before I was in the market to purchase, just looking as you do.

There is a guy in Moree who does the Holden V6 conversion into a 944 that i have seen. 

costs around $10,000 for complete setup.....

There is a guy in Moree who does the Holden V6 conversion into a 944 that i have seen. 

costs around $10,000 for complete setup.....

Ewww, I remember a silver one of those on car sales a couple of years back. The commodore v6 would have to be one of the most tragic engine notes there is. It sounds worse than a cow in labor, especially when coupled to the auto box. I can't believe anyone would want that boat anchor in their Porsche, let alone pay 10 grand for it.

Chris's v8 on the other hand....hhnnggg the noise is orgasmic, and the power is awesome.

Hopefully there's no one on here with a v6 swapped 944...I don't want to cause any offense :ph34r:

Ewww, I remember a silver one of those on car sales a couple of years back. The commodore v6 would have to be one of the most tragic engine notes there is. It sounds worse than a cow in labor, especially when coupled to the auto box. I can't believe anyone would want that boat anchor in their Porsche, let alone pay 10 grand for it.

Chris's v8 on the other hand....hhnnggg the noise is orgasmic, and the power is awesome.

Agree totally......

nothing would be better than the ls1 sound that's for sure......:wub:

Hopefully there's no one on here with a v6 swapped 944...I don't want to cause any offense :ph34r:

Just because I like playing Devil's advocate.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meat-VaF038

Revs from 2:05 ;)

Agree totally......

nothing would be better than the ls1 sound that's for sure......:wub:

Hey Corki now just imagine a supercharger on the LS1 ;) 

Just a quick question, in regards to rego, did you have to get it engineered, dont think you would get it regoed in nsw.  

In regards to the v6, was only saying I had seen one on car sales, I would sink 10k into a nice 944 motor before I would drop a v6 onto a nice 944

Hey Corki now just imagine a supercharger on the LS1 ;) 

Just a quick question, in regards to rego, did you have to get it engineered, dont think you would get it regoed in nsw.  

In regards to the v6, was only saying I had seen one on car sales, I would sink 10k into a nice 944 motor before I would drop a v6 onto a nice 944

The car has been engineered and mod plated for all of the modifications. In Queensland this is the basic guide for legal engine choices. It may still be possible to register the LS1 in NSW and other states, but they all do have slightly different regulations. In QLD a 6.5L Naturally aspirated motor would be legal based on the S2's kerb weight.la1.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived