964 - it might be love

So had a few issues with the 964, but after itsujack stuck his diagnostic thingy into it, it appears to be all good. And I think I am falling for the 964...

Such a spirited, fun car to drive.

The original intent was to use this as I doner car for a project I have in mind, but a few other things to get out of the way first, so having seen itsu's slighting modified c4, and of course the infamous RS4, I am wondering whether I need a 'tide me over' project to just improve a few things and maybe drag a bit of 'outlaw' out of the old girl. Nothing crazy expensive, but just something to help it 'sit right.'

Itsu's car has had a suspension upgrade which makes the car so much more planted, a little lowering, and new wheels. He also mentioned a clutch up grade.

But I thought I would throw it out to the experts to see if you have any thoughts?

The 'boys'

3C70D309-4FBF-4A8E-B1E7-65F19B532C06_zps

My stock c4

B87C152D-B697-43C4-B76E-3F89453043F9_zps

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New suspension (which could be retained when you do decide to chop it up), and a front sway bar will make a world of difference to the handling together (providing someone sets it up right).

Wheels are obviously a personal taste but the Cup I's are iconic, with a better ride height, it will look excellent.

However, I'm fond of the modern Fuch in 17", some great options out there right now.

Consider an exhaust modification to make the car really come alive in the sound department.

I'm running a G pipe with no complaints but others also speak highly of a cup pipe instead (or in addition). 

who are you callin' infamous?  :P

I'd echo poli's comment about the suspension, given it would be on the to-do list of a grander project anyway.

G-pipe will be a cheap way to make it sound better in the interim.

Bahhhhhh, you don't have to do anything but drive it!

Style 90 wheels for the full retro look, G pipe, refresh the suspension and fix any dohicky like the AC that doesn't work and just enjoy. :)

who are you callin' infamous?  :P

I'd echo poli's comment about the suspension, given it would be on the to-do list of a grander project anyway.

G-pipe will be a cheap way to make it sound better in the interim.

you know who you are :)

also don't mind that additional vent in the front light and switching from orange to white as you have done in yours (can't be hard?). Mirrors could also do with an upgrade - 'flags' belong on a 930/3.2

There is a good write up of the brake duct installation here: http://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/856265-cult-werks-ducts-install.html

The cult werks front splitter would be a nice addition, as would 993 mirrors. 

Those particular wheels are too Jap for my liking. Gold BBS LM would look boss, if a little clichéd...but we're not exactly spoilt for choice as far as wheels go. 

Suspension, brakes & exhaust are money well spent. They can be kept for any project in the future.

Then if you want some small changes like mirrors, RS door cards & steering wheel. Maybe some new seats & harness bar to complete the look.

A good set of wheels can set a car off just nicely.

Not sure it's worth painting it if you still intend to back date it.

image.jpg3_zpsn8y8qr2p.jpg

My stock c4B87C152D-B697-43C4-B76E-3F89453043F9_zps

Here's what your car will look like slightly lower, RS mirrors, brake ducts and white lenses. My old car, the day I collected it in Perth before shipping home.

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

Archived