Porsche Parts: List of local and overseas suppliers

The one's I've been frequenting thus far are:

• Pelican parts (of course)
  • The PP for sale forum (mainly guys in the US)
  • Paragon Parts
  • DC Automotive (lots of second hand parts)
  • LA Dismantlers (just got some 930 axles/CVs from them - quite helpful)
  • GT Classics (just ordered some seats direct from them)

And a bunch more through ebay of course :)

Picking up on rEd's idea that we can start a thread that contains a list of all local and overseas suppliers that may help P. owners source parts etc.

PFA members can add to this list via a new thread. Open to suggestions.

For 356, early and mid 911's Spyder Automobiles in Warragul, are a good starting point.

Pelican Parts and Sierra Madre in US. Patrick Motorsports.Com (Phoenix), plus others listed in Excellence magazine or on their site.

Design 911, Karman Connection -UK

And don't forget you local Porsche Centre - Spare parts people who are always most helpful.

Great Idea guys !

could we add good local operators as well, or should this be kept purely for suppliers ?

I reckon we keep this thread to suppliers. We can always start a seperate one up for local operators if required.

Slater and WHO?!? :blink:<_<;)

I think that there is plenty of room on this forum for positive feedback about good suppliers and workshops, and therefore by default, those not mentioned miss out on the goodwill generated by the discussion. I agree with jnr356 (again!) that its an ugly can of worms to start slagging off suppliers in a public arena, might I suggest that Personal Messages (and Carpark Perve and Gasbag sessions) are a better way of communicating grievances without exposing individuals to liable potential.

Social networking (and lets face it boys and girls, thats what PFA is), introduces all kinds of grey areas when it comes to opinion, and conjecture. We need only look at those in our community (more often sportspeople or wannabe celebrities) who tweet their innermost navel gazings only to find that they are held accountable for the implications of their venom (and/or stupidity). Freedom of speech is in reality not as free as you might think, and nor should it be. Just because someone says so, doesn't make it so. And unfortunately this is where opinion teeters between.

Opinions? ;):D

Kerry

Agree with you Kerry,

A list is one thing. Voicing opinions about supplier issues is another. Rennlist contains some critical threads about the unscrupulous but most list members stomp on this practice one way or another.

Best to be practical and not attract unwanted attention from our legal fraternity over issues that can be usually be sorted another way.

Cheers to all.

rEd

Quick plug for weber performance in mordialloc then - I ordered a set of K&N filters for my IDA40's but got sent some rebuild kits by mistake ... so Daniel came around and dropped off the filters instead. But I caved and ended up buying the filters and the rebuild kits :P Good bloke though

http://www.weberperformance.com.au/

we like to use

bob wyhmm's

performance 9

dave jenja (in ferntree gully)dave is awesome for 2nd hand bits'n'pieces

johnny c from porsche melbourne parts dept

loads of others depends on your needs

yep, met Dave Jenej, has a reasonable supply of parts and quite a nice guy ! :)

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

If you want 944/S2 parts I have been collecting quite a range with exception of engines.Will probably start advertising them in the next couple of months - you can contact me then.

Cheers,Mark.

• 4 months later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...