Porsche Parts: List of local and overseas suppliers

I've only used PP and FCP Euro so far and I would normally do the same as everyone else, and shop around for the best price. But what I've found with the orders I've had (usually $400 plus), is that while one place might have a better price than the other for 1 or 2 items you end up going with the the best overall for the whole order.

If you think about it, if a part you need costs $200 in Australia and the part from O/S is less (landed cost) your better off regardless. So even if you paid $10 for the part and $100 shipping what does it matter, if the part was advertised as $110 free shipping you wouldn't even ask how it was broken down.

PP has IMO a user friendly site and generally competitive pricing, shipping calculator is not OZ friendly and while they are approachable in regards to bettering shipping costs , but I do sometimes feel like I'm dealing with a machine and not a person.

FCP Euro are limited in there product range and lines, but are competitively priced and very easy to deal with and you defiantly feel your dealing with a person.

Both offer loyalty/discount vouchers but both have expiry dates ( well one does) I've never used one as when I do my orders I try to include some service stuff etc.that I don't necessarily need just now but the more you order the better the shipping works out.

As somebody already mentioned, you have to do your research before you buy and can only blame yourself if you find out after there was a better option.

Although there will be some on here who reading this thread and are going " ooh! you buy your own parts isn't that what your greasy man is for?" But I'm sure the majority of us have to work to a budget, and it's good to know where to get the best bang for your buck.

We really should try to do some sort of Brisbane/QLD buying group?

I've found FCP Euro to be far more approachable. They've also mentioned they can pretty much get anything that Pelican can (they just have limited inventory of items on the website)

I have bought a few things from Pelican but the freight rates are what seals it for me

What sort of thing were you thinking for the buying group? I'm thinking about putting my suspension order in shortly (mainly 'cause I need an oil filter and might do it all at once)

What sort of thing were you thinking for the buying group? I'm thinking about putting my suspension order in shortly (mainly 'cause I need an oil filter and might do it all at once)

Hadn't really thought of anything as such, it just occurred to me that of all of us PFA ers that live locally someone will probably be ordering or just about to order some stuff every month (on average).  

So for example if you were just about to order $500 worth of suspension bits, and you send out a group e-mail to let the group know and I come back to you saying I want these 2 parts and willing to pay $20 shipping, you add it to your order and say ok or need another $5 postage.

Some basic rules would be required obviously, but just thought I'd throw it out there and see what interest there is. Need to keep it simple though..

Hadn't really thought of anything as such, it just occurred to me that of all of us PFA ers that live locally someone will probably be ordering or just about to order some stuff every month (on average).  

So for example if you were just about to order $500 worth of suspension bits, and you send out a group e-mail to let the group know and I come back to you saying I want these 2 parts and willing to pay $20 shipping, you add it to your order and say ok or need another $5 postage.

Some basic rules would be required obviously, but just thought I'd throw it out there and see what interest there is. Need to keep it simple though..

after spending the morning making a cart on FCP Euro, I'm spending a bit more than $500 :|

anyone else need anything? I might do a bit of editing first so might be a few days until I place the order. I'm buying some stuff for my dad too and I think we're at about $300 postage atm (but it is lots of stuff)

• 10 months later...

I just wish to give props to MP Motorsport here in Adelaide.

Time and time again these guys ( Mark and John) help me with the little parts like clips or whatever when I find I need them like today.

I could smell raw fuel, and found my fuel tank was leaking a tiny bit at the drain plug (it had been sealed with some sort of hard paste!), so John at MP found an old tank, pulled the plug out to match up a suitable correct washer and handed me 3 of them without payment.

Mark has done this sorta thing before with some headlight springs and wires I was missing.

It isn't much to them, but for customer relations, this goes a long way in my books

• 7 months later...

Here's another "Yay" moment for Porsche Centre Adelaide.  I went into the parts department this afternoon to order a replacement door lock surround.  The guy in there, who's name escapes me, so I'll ask him when I pick it up, and then write it down, says hey, haven't seen you for a while, then strikes up a conversation.  Chatted for 10 minutes or so.  Then he searches my part.  Yep, we have some in Melbourne.  $10 each.  Sweet, I'll take 2.  Should have them Thursday.  I'll give you a call.  Excellent service once again. 

There are 2 on ebay currently.  A 2nd hand one with a noticeable crack for around AU$42 landed, and a new one for just over AU$67 landed.  Serious?  Who's going to pay that?  Pelican has them for $9.50 plus delivery.  

As they say in the Foodland ads, it pays to shop local.  

Lock%20Surround_zpsavf7cjfy.jpg

• 11 months later...

Was doing some parts surfing on the net this afternoon & discovered something that has been right in front of me all this time. It sucks being a dude sometimes, the old can't see the forest for the trees syndrome. Just like being at the supermarket with the missus, they tell you to grab something from the shelf that I can't see but it is right there in front of you.  ffs :huh:

When on the Sierra Madre homepage. Just click on the How Are We Doing? link & it will take you to a quick survey, once you have completed the survey you will be supplied with a 10% coupon code for your next purchase. Will definitely take a nice chunk off the postage cost of a decent sized order. See green circled area on photo below, for the link.

URL]Screen%20Shot%202017-01-28%20at%205.32.3

I have generally bought the majority of my spares (Porsche and MB and even Volvo) from overseas (mainly US but some UK and even Germany) and usually from FCP euro, service has been good and freight times are really good, freight can be an issue though, even though they are the cheapest freight I have found anywhere from the US. They have most parts or in most cases can find.... I have recently returned stuff to them and am still waiting to see how that panned out....

Edit: the return went very well to FCP with freight and full price refunded, I will definitely use them again!

Edited by ANF

• 1 year later...

Shout out to James at Autohaus in NSW.......I needed a new G series indicator stalk (common problem of lights going out when the stalk returns and repaired too many times).

I had an OS price that was half what PCM offered, gave James a call and he matched it along with the standard Caramello Koala.....great service....keep them in mind for local supply!

• 11 months later...

Has anyone used Das 9 in Adelaide for parts? They are Porsche wreckers and I have been in contact with them looking for some interior parts and they seem to have quite a bit of stuff.  I might go for a drive to see them next week to have a look at what they have that I might "need" 

7 hours ago, PhilH said:

Water cooled is the only way to go Lee!  You need to come to the dark side.  I am just looking for a Silver one for you!

He’s going to go and drive the silver one at Richmonds today “for a friend”, fall in love all over again, make them a ridiculous offer they accept and deal done :ph34r:

11 hours ago, PhilH said:

Water cooled is the only way to go Lee!  You need to come to the dark side.  I am just looking for a Silver one for you!

You're not helping at all Phil 😁🙄

4 hours ago, Tips said:

He’s going to go and drive the silver one at Richmonds today “for a friend”, fall in love all over again, make them a ridiculous offer they accept and deal done :ph34r:

It's over what I would/could pay for a 996 mate, so it's safe for anyone else. I haven't heard back from Carlo yet, so I'll call him shortly

Just updating this to share my experience with Sonnen Parts in USA - I'd ordered just over $2k worth of parts and they dropped the price to under $2k so I wouldn't have to pay the Harvey Norman tax. They also lowered the shipping cost as it was less than quoted online. All of this was unsolicited.

Very happy with that. It's been less than a week to get to "shipping" status, and that includes ordering from the factory in Germany.

I comparison shopped between Pelican Parts, Sunset Porsche and Sonnen, and they were the cheapest by a few hundred dollars.

I would recommend.