Porsche Parts: List of local and overseas suppliers

Come on guys, get real.  The post that I read before this one reads:

"The Bosch wiper set is the same in LHD and RHD markets.

You will need to flip over the doohickey (technical term) that connects the blade to the arm.

Also, the Bosch blade does not locate in the arm quite as positively as the original, but that's unlikely to be a problem.

James"

I often see posts from James that are helpful, informative and not self serving.  Genuine even where and when our members are not buying from him.  He runs AutoHaus Hamilton's spare parts division.  I've had my car serviced by AutoHaus Hamilton for 25 years and the fact that they still service it after that period of time says a lot. 

When Grant, who owns the business, told me that he wanted to start a spare parts business so that his clients could get their parts at reasonable cost, I put him in touch with my son, (JustJames on this forum) who has had Porsche exposure for 35 odd years through my 3 Porsches and his own interest; - as you may see from his posts, he knows a lot about them.  James runs the AutoHaus Hamilton spare parts division, has developed a strong following in a short time because he will charge you a very reasonable price for locally available parts, and is always happy to share his knowledge.  He goes above and beyond.  I'm proud of him.

I've been intrigued because, despite so many people commenting to me socially and on Porsche Club events about the good service that they've enjoyed from AutoHaus, no one on this forum has mentioned him yet. I figure it is time to give him a plug.  When next you are looking for parts, try him as well and I'm sure that you'll have a pleasant surprise:

James, @

AutoHaus Hamilton

02--99051455

or

parts@autohaushamilton.com.au

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just used sonnen porsche in California I got the rear indicators for my 964 for $260 u s dollars each against a price of $460 from porsche centre Melbourne,rear reflector cost me about $380 like caver added shipping costs on the high side but still saved on the cost of buying them here.

Guest hepkat63

As you probably know - I am new to the forum and new to Porsche as well - having just purchased my first car.  This sort of thread is very useful to the new person like me - so thank you - choices are a good thing for everyone.   Living in a rural area - I totally rely on the Internet for locating and buying goods (both domestic and overseas).  When my service is due - it will mean either a drive to Melbourne or Sydney (both five hours from my place).  I am yet to decide where to go - so will watch this forum with great interest.

Gotta give a plug to Larts Parts(on ebay). Luis(Lart) is a long term supporter of the 944 platform and known to all on the  Rennlist 944 forums, and I have bought a lot of used bits from him over the last few years. He has great pricing on 944 used parts(USA based) and is great to deal with

More good service from James.  "Met" him on the phone last week.  Parts arrived the following day with a melted freddo-frog dangling from the paperwork.  James, the wife likes chocolate, so that tactic will work nicely when I make more expensive purchases! :P  Thanks for the quick service and looking forward to meeting you face-to-face...

Also - Michael at AutoArt in Preston did my engine work, clutch, major service and a few other bits and bobs. Found him to be about 20% cheaper than the other dealers I've dealt with so far.  His service is of the 'no-BS' variety, which I like.

I don't have a single thing to complain about and the car is running fabulously.   It's a family business and the wife got on well with his wife and daughter in the front office, too!

• 2 weeks later...

My limited experience has been mostly T&D Automotive in Brisbane. They have serviced my Boxster twice at reasonable prices but the highlight was when I got sick of a "noise" that seemed to be coming from the rear suspension. They had my car in for about half an hour and test drove it then put it on the hoist and poked and prodded it for another 20 minutes. They couldn't find anything which was kind of annoying but good at the sme time. The icing on the cake was that there was no charge for the almost hour they spent on my car. T&D Automomotive are awesome!

• 4 months later...

Fennlane motor sports England - cant say well enough, how knowledgeable and helpful Chris flavell is.

Closer to home Sydney Vintage Car Restorations, Crookwell. Gil Skidmore patriarch and coach builder par excellence. It is a family run and staffed business. Well worth the drive ( great roads). Gil with notice and enough numbers, will put on a morning tea.(future SMT?)

Real Steel Group, Queanbeyan. Combined business - coach building, mechanical, paint and cool machining race fab skills

Inline suspension & steering , Yass Rd Queanbeyan. Chris is a good guy and almost solely works on Porsche. Skilled suspension guru and engine builder

• 1 month later...

Auto Atlanta have been very useful for both common and obscure parts for my P cars ; I always use their parts diagrams and the shipping is very fair . Plenty of chpoice (Porsche , OEM and aftermarket choices) Never had a problem ; always prompt and courteous in the 5 years I've been back & forth.

I've also used many of the suppliers listed above , and ebay. Always after careful research.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a note to share.

I recently ordered and received a part from Pelican parts with an expensive freight charge for a small item ( idler pulley ) of $45.75 AU. I checked the cost options before choosing and this was the cheapest with USPS within the std checkout process.

They sent me a survey just yesterday in which I told them all was good except the freight cost, noting this was likely out of their control.

I received an email today telling me they had refunded $13.75 AUD for the freight along with a suggestion that, "you can request USPS Flat Rate for smaller/lighter items by typing your request in the 'customer comments' section when checking out".

Of course I thanked her, (Monica Brown) for the refund and tip. I also told her I would share this with our members.

John

It's true Russ.

I bought a thermostat with housing from autopartssupplygroup and shipping with USPS First Class Mail Intl/First Class Package Intl Service was $12.80 AUD

When I tried them for the pulley they had it however the freight was the same as Pelican at $45.75.

Not impressed either, just counting the savings over Porsche Genuine Australia.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a parcel arrive with a few bits from FCP Euro in the USA.

It arrived within a few days.

The main part was around 75% CHEAPER than another very well known US supplier. Approximately USD65 against approximately USD275.

Postage charge was not scary at all, quite reasonable.

It has a lifetime warranty.

Just a note to share.

I recently ordered and received a part from Pelican parts with an expensive freight charge for a small item ( idler pulley ) of $45.75 AU. I checked the cost options before choosing and this was the cheapest with USPS within the std checkout process.

They sent me a survey just yesterday in which I told them all was good except the freight cost, noting this was likely out of their control.

I received an email today telling me they had refunded $13.75 AUD for the freight along with a suggestion that, "you can request USPS Flat Rate for smaller/lighter items by typing your request in the 'customer comments' section when checking out".

Of course I thanked her, (Monica Brown) for the refund and tip. I also told her I would share this with our members.

John

Well here I am quoting my own boast post.

What a joke Pelican are. Yep...

I order an AOS $70odd and they now slug $50.50 for minimum USPS freight.

I do as I am instructed, leaving a note to ask for freight reduction. No answer at all and no reduction. Too late order taken and shipped.

As a comparison I check FCP Euro. $15odd freight with USPS. They have USPS priority for less than $50.50.

Ok my fault I didn't research before hand.

Thought it best to inform the rest.

Rennspd. Parts $495US. Shipping $125US UPS 7 day delivery

Pelican and Sierra Madre. Same parts $650US. Shipping $475US !! UPS 7 to 14 day delivery

Guess who I ordered from? Got here within 6 days

I should add the Rennspd have a limited parts listing, yet if youre after fibreglass parts for racing or custom mods, I'd be having a look at their site