1976 Backdate from an Update

So aside from the rear bumper, Paint work is done! I have painted the dash black again and have even started to reassemble the dash and prep interior parts to start going back in.

21306143134_bccede9e85_b.jpg

21740790530_aa43023448_b.jpg

21902695816_fdcbbcc83d_b.jpg

I am in need of a full set of rubbers and carpets however, and while I know we can get the easily from Pelican, I am wondering if there is a stockist in Australia? Exchange rate to the US isn't all the flash at the moment.

Also check Sierra Madre 

+1

They are the only place that sells everything in kit form that I know of. Remember, if you've got any non-stock bits you'll have to order the rubbers for that year separately...fell into that trap with 993 mirrors on my 964

I have a 915 transmission the came out of the car.

I have the 2.7 that also came out of the car but I think I have a lead on a 3.0. I am fairly certain, regardless of engine, it will be EFI. I want to be able to drive this thing a bunch and my previous experiences with carbs left a lot to be desired.

Looking great. I have just stripped mine down to do something very similar (I will be posting up my build thread soon). I have already got my order in with Mike Tankard so hopefully I can get the panels in 3 or 4 weeks, but there is no hurry as I have a heap of body work to keep me busy until then. 

Did you have any luck with the rubbers? Who did you end up going with?

It turns out I know someone that works in a big Porsche workshop in Sydney. After this weekends WTAC event he is going to have a look through their stocks for me.

So I think I have had luck, but how lucky is to be confirmed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neill

Really coming on. looking forward to your next posts.

Can you explain your steering wheel set up, looks like you have some spacers to bring the wheel closer to the driver.

Looking do something similar so the wheel comes away from my legs.

Cheers

Arnage

I am 6'2" but I have really long legs so I am going to endeavour to mount the seat as far back as I can, so to counteract the stretched out arms that will happen from that I have fitted a quick release to bring the wheel further forward.  It's only 60mm but it's a start, if I need to space it even more later on I can borrow a friends lathe or I am sure I'll find something on ebay.

I'll take a better shot of it tonight for you.

Suspension Is mostly done already.

Rebel racing bushing set, front and rear.

Sway Away torsion bars, 23mm front 29mm rear, courtesy of 9er on here.

Bilstein shocks front and rear

Carrera front sway bar, unsure what rear bar I'll use.

Turbo tierods and lifted steering rack

New ball joints and rack ends all over.

I still have to order the spherical bearing inner bushes for the rear banana arm.

Brakes will be a bit of a controversial point with some. I am adapting Nissan 4 pot calipers to suit SC discs. R33 GTR fronts and R32 to the rear.

Luckily I bought most of the parts prior to the shocking exchange rate so I have been able to keep pressing on, but the parts pile is decreasing rapidly.

clutch-monkey - 3.0 is the aim, funds permitting. Saves me doing a rebuild too!

I am 6'2" but I have really long legs so I am going to endeavour to mount the seat as far back as I can, so to counteract the stretched out arms that will happen from that I have fitted a quick release to bring the wheel further forward.  It's only 60mm but it's a start, if I need to space it even more later on I can borrow a friends lathe or I am sure I'll find something on ebay.

I'll take a better shot of it tonight for you.

Thanks Neill

I think 60mm would be fine for me. Where & what product did you use for the QR & is it just the QR or a spacer as well?

Cheers 

Arnage