1976 Backdate from an Update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Apologies for the lack of updates. Had my first child recently whom is now 9 weeks old.

Today was my first real day of work on the car since she arrived and I managed to sort out a little bit of damage on the rear of the car and spent the rest of the day at my friends workshop making the spacers required to get the wheels fitting exactly right.

Pictures are of the final outcome. Rear panels are basically sitting in place for the photos, so don't judge the gaps.

32376489566_0fc2acf5d7_c.jpg

32038474240_a723ccb24b_c.jpg

I have the required parts coming in the mail to be able to fit the engine. It will then be off for wiring and a few other jobs, so hopefully, it isn't too far off completion.

I do still have the original wheel, I will dig it out and send you some pictures. I have no use for it.

Brake adapters are a work in progress at the moment actually. I'll put some updates on that when I get pictures, etc.

I actually ended up using Subaru 4 piston front calipers as the offset better suited.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Engine went in today.

Few jobs to do and its off for the exhaust work and wiring.

One of the jobs is fitting the screens... Dreading it. Especially after watching @MFX and his fun :(

tmp_31991-DSC_0789_1491729592212-2690340

Just got the front screen in. Start the ropes at the bottom, and work 20cm along at a time in both directions. That worked for me in the end. 

• 3 weeks later...