1976 Backdate from an Update

• 2 months later...

@ Pork Chops - Carpets were actually from Rennline if I remember correctly.

Updates - 

- Exhaust has been built and completed.

- Throttles are basically completed minus the cables to operate them with the pedal.

- Most electrical stuff has been mounted in prep for the wiring. It is booked in for wiring to begin the first week of August.

- Fuel lines have been bought, just need to fit them.

Anyway, some pictures -

34864491844_f83e8210da_h.jpg

34896100443_409dc59736_h.jpg

35574985781_0c562d2e1f_h.jpg

35574985151_ccefa53fd6_h.jpg

35574984461_456dac7b6b_h.jpg

34896099723_cfe0bae271_h.jpg

35536918942_1dcafb357f_h.jpg

35666579426_bdd8a2168d_h.jpg

35319016670_8065ac3bde_h.jpg

Is that an AIT sensor next to teh ECU? Have you sorted with the cables?

looks sick

Yeah it is!

Cable are a job for the next week or so. I have a few ideas including copying yours. See how I go.

Interesting location... Have you made a research or something? I`ve put it in the middle but rather guessing then knowing. Would like to now some aspects of your sensors location.

Could give you the drawing for the cables. It`s not mine btw :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry no pictures, but for those following along, today is the day it gets dropped off to the tuner to finally start and get a map.

Hopefully by next week I will be on the road terrorising my neighbourhood with glorious sounds out of the tail end.

Also Cheshire, yes I'm using the stock Triumph TPS. The tuner seems to think he can make it work.

Sorry no pictures, but for those following along, today is the day it gets dropped off to the tuner to finally start and get a map.

Hopefully by next week I will be on the road terrorising my neighbourhood with glorious sounds out of the tail end.

Also Cheshire, yes I'm using the stock Triumph TPS. The tuner seems to think he can make it work.

Yearning for pics and vidz.  I'll live through yours before I'm able to get mine on the road.

• 3 weeks later...

Update for those wondering.

The car has still has not started, have been stuffed around by the tuner (now ex-tuner). I have the car back home and am doing a few changes before sending it back out again. 

Now has individual coil packs rather than the lead setup (I wasn't a massive fan of the leads), waiting on a few more sensors to arrive for the engine side of things also.

I have a Link G4 ECU.

As I had an igniter already wired in I needed a coil pack that didn't have an internal igniter, so I have gone with BF XR6 Turbo coils. The length is exactly right, they have a kink in the stem which works well with the Porsche holes going in at an angle also. The bay looks much tidier without all the leads too.

Update for those wondering.

The car has still has not started, have been stuffed around by the tuner (now ex-tuner). I have the car back home and am doing a few changes before sending it back out again. 

Now has individual coil packs rather than the lead setup (I wasn't a massive fan of the leads), waiting on a few more sensors to arrive for the engine side of things also.

who were you using? i'm about to use broadtune (good rep through a different forum, have seen a few cars done by him) after getting enormous quotes from regular workshops..

I have a Link G4 ECU.

I hear really good things about them. It's the age old story though, they are only as good as your tuner. Hopefully you find someone else familiar with that platform that can sort it for you. In a perfect world, choose your tuner then choose the ecu platform they prefer. 

• 2 weeks later...