912 numbers

• 6 years later...

No so much a unicorn, it is a three owner Brisbane car. First owner had till the early 90's when it was in an accident and needed a new rear quarter. Second owner fixed it up and painted it white because he hated the Bahama yellow. I bought it in the late 90's with the plan do historic racing. I built a 2.0 S engine and ran in historics as a 911S for 10 years or so before I bought something faster and more fit for purpose. In 2019 I decided it was time for a full bare metal restoration back to Bahama Yellow.

I have seen the 911/912 delivery numbers to Australia, I am not sure how accurate they are. Evidently 13 SWB cars in total, not sure how accurate these numbers are.

Anyhow, here are some photos.

qr-shannon-2005.jpg

Rusty--- - Copy.jpg

Rusty-3424 - Copy.jpg

On 03/02/2022 at 08:51, 9er said:

Those numbers are not correct.

Agreed

Owing to price and the significant increase an early 911 over the outgoing  356, I would have said that the 912 numbers would have been significantly higher..

I reckon for every 911 sold there would have been 1.5 -2 912s.

many were converted over the years to 911s too….

But it’s really hard to find a 912 these days.

Jr

• 3 weeks later...

Just 3 MY65 RHD 901/911’s were delivered before the 1965 MY cut off IN Sept ‘65, with another 3 or 4 (without checking my old records) seeing out the balance of ‘65 through to Dec 23rd 1965 when the last 911 delivery of the year was an ivory car with factory ski racks and a sunroof, delivered in Sydney … 

• 2 weeks later...

I know of two 1967 cars, Saxon's car and mine, VIN numbers are four apart so I guess they were part of a small batch of RHD chassis. My car was completed on the 2nd Sept 1966 delivered to Rosemary from South Yarra 3rd of Feb 1967.

Many years back I heard from a contact at Porsche that 23 912's where sold in Australia, 13 LWB so by deduction 10 SWB.

Is this true? Not sure there are a lot of myths out there.

Does anyone know this car? Looks like it was filmed in Victoria to me.

Dont know the car, they are calling it a 1965 which for the most part looks right, apart from the 2 screw horn grilles, fat wheels and later ignition switch.

It has Sunroof drain holes but I couldnt see from the overhead shots whether it had one or not.

8 minutes ago, 9er said:

Dont know the car, they are calling it a 1965 which for the most part looks right, apart from the 2 screw horn grilles, 

Later guards fitted, or maybe a transition period from 4 to 2 screws perhaps? 

• 1 month later...