Hotham Auto Corsa - November 2015

Very happy to see Rex picking Hotham as his first event to get back in the game!

SB

Media Release: CLASSIC STALWART BROADBENT CONFIRMS TARMAC RALLY COMEBACK

Following a two year sabbatical, the biggest name in Australian classic tarmac rallying – Rex Broadbent – is set to make his comeback at this year’s inaugural Hotham Auto Corsa Alpine Tarmac Rally.

The 66-year old Porsche driver from Melbourne has been lured back by the brand new event that will be held over 250 competitive kilometres around Mount Hotham in Victoria’s North East from 14-15 November...

news-rexandporsche.jpg

• 1 month later...

Looks like it will be a really great event, if I hadn't already entered Targa High Country again I would have seriously considered this one.  I have to say you Victorians are really spoilt for events that cater for a really great variety of cars. You will find a class for just about anything you can drive by the look of the regulations.

My car might even have sneeked (is that snuck ?) into the open class with its bolt in full cage from a quick look at the regs, unfortunately Targa Australia doesn't allow it so Thoroughbred class again for this year again. Its all fun anyway. For anyone that enters this event I am sure you will have a great and memorable time, after all we own the cars we have to drive them so enjoy !

• 2 months later...

Have a couple of friends entering one in a 3.2 M3 and a forum member in another mark who I will be catching up with in Adelaide shortly.

Maybe we can do our own weekend SMT up that way later, we had great fun on the last one !

Archived