Got my 964

Fraz

As most of you are probably aware I have been searching for a 964. After missing a few and being basically a tight ass. I have managed finally get one. This is an off market car that I managed to get word of. Just in case your wondering why you did not see it on car sales.

She is a Forrest green C4 manual. Tan leather seats, black dash and headliner, A/C that works, cruise control. Paint is original with scratches and stone chips. (If the paint looks funny in the pics it's the reflection of my garage roof).

Aussie delivered to Hamiltons in Melbourne with only 105,000 documented KMs on the clock. Full service history and a book with some very scary receipts.

Picked the car up in Adelaide and drove it home to Melbourne, drive home along the great ocean road was nothing short of fantastic. Pulled into the drive way and the rear heater fan motor promptly crapped it's self with an god awful squeal.

Oh well, welcome to Porsche ownership I guess.

617ABE43-4444-454E-BE58-798612909E1D_zps

6860D228-E494-4618-8F12-D70073F5CC5B_zps

B48438BA-AFE0-48CA-9C33-8963E5E18D67_zps

Congratulation mate, excellent to have another 964 in Melbourne and your patience has paid off. 

Looks like a beauty, love the colour. There is a Forrest Green parked outside of Weltmeister that I walk past every day (been there about 2 months and was at my mechanic Auto Coupe for about 3 before that), always enjoy my daily perve. 

Don't worry about the teething problems, this is only just the beginning and you will soon have a long list of small items that you want to fix up.

What work has been done on the car so far?

Good lucking getting to know him/her.

What are the plans?

about f*#king time mate :)

I am glad you suck to the plan - all that talk of 996's was beginning to worry me. 

Of course now you have experienced the highs and lows of 'the chase,' you will soon experience the 'oh for fucks sake' period of ownership. This is when the supposedly 'really well' maintained vehicle you have purchased suddenly stops working for no reason at all. Michael is going through this at the moment. I would advise against thinking that, with the many opinions on this site, you will overnight become a mechanical genius. Instead find a great mechanic, and be prepared to lose at least another $10K to this new friend. Treat this friend well and ownership will be a lot less stressful, because they will always manage to fit you in at short notice. I recommend investment in a tow truck company if possible.

Once you have had you car made road worthy again (and justified the expense in your mind with the simple thought - "well it probably went up $10,000 in value in the last 10 minutes") you will enter the 'bliss' period where you take every and any opportunity to spend time in your new car. This will involve a lot of extended lunch brakes and sitting on your own, in the dark in your garage.

Thankfully you now own a Porsche, so the bliss period never really goes away, but you never really get 'the chase' out of your system. Within 2-3 months(minutes) you will be back on carsales looking for the next purchase (imaginary or not)

well, that's my story anyway..

....but you never really get 'the chase' out of your system. Within 2-3 months(minutes) you will be back on carsales looking for the next purchase (imaginary or not)

well, that's my story anyway..

Not just your story T...

Congrats Fraz, looks like a great car!

Thanks all.

Yes, the joys of owning a old car. Mind you I have had new cars that have been nightmares.

Spoken to my Porsche guy today about the car, that will be an interesting visit to say the least. He is going to go over it, change all the fluids and give me a list no doubt.

Plans are to get a set of wheels, lower it as the car came with a set of springs and shocks while I am at it.

Here is some pics of the rear fan motor I removed. You can see how it's worn off centre. This causes the fan to rub on the housing, making the horrid noise.

Now to either fix this one or buy a new motor for around $300. Interesting side note, this was "supposedly" replaced not that long according to the receipts. I think not.

D277EDAE-D33A-4BA5-BB15-4575CF988A0E_zps

19853FBA-1DCE-4FB3-B493-BB8A995468EE_zps

A81808C2-DAD5-4938-9690-26519F2F7E1D_zps

Looks like the centre of a Heim joint to me.

DF751B52-72B5-457D-AA50-3EA338B9DEBB_zps