Got my 964

Fraz

amazing race wasn't it!

Sure was, bloody loved it.

Removed the resistor from the A/C fan, it appeared to be working OK, but i can guarantee the second the front bar goes back on it will fail. Ordered two nice new ones today. Make a good spare for the oil cooler.

Makes me wonder how many 964s are running around with the oil cooler and A/C fans not running at low speed or at all. Easy to check, you should feel hot air flow under the front bumper on the drivers side when the temperature gauge is just over half. My oil cooling fan was still working, God knows how and for how much longer.

image_zpslopvuelk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez mate. 5 pages of fixing shit. You either love a project or my 964 is not getting enough attention :) 

Yes mate, it's been great to get to know the car and doing the easy stuff myself. Having said that, I won't touch things like the value adjustment, plugs and distributor service, which have also been done. 

Just like my cars to be right I guess.

Yes mate, it's been great to get to know the car and doing the easy stuff myself. Having said that, I won't touch things like the value adjustment, plugs and distributor service, which have also been done. 

Just like my cars to be right I guess.

I'm thinking its me with the problem Fraz. The 964 needs some lovin

Congrats on the fix Fraz. What an awesome feeling and relief having it run as it should. Relatively easy and pain free too, glad it wasn't your DME that was up the creek.

Who is doing your detail and are you still getting the stone chips all sorted?

Congrats on the fix Fraz. What an awesome feeling and relief having it run as it should. Relatively easy and pain free too, glad it wasn't your DME that was up the creek.

Who is doing your detail and are you still getting the stone chips all sorted?

The detailer said they can lessen the appearance of the majority of the chips by touch up and wet sand, I am supplying the left over paint from the bar repair. We will see, I will post up some before and after pics. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...