Got my 964

Fraz

I have same thing happening with mine at the moment with regard to the bump stops.

Not being that technically minded, I'm wondering is this something that could be done in the shed with a couple of mates and some decent tools?

Bump stops were probally harder to do than the CV shaft and rack boots, you need to compress the springs and move the strut. Not something I would have a go at unless you've got someone with some experience helping.

Pics?

I feel very privileged to own two such iconic cars. 

8E499DA1-8FFC-4A74-ABDD-B82C582F0467_zps

Bump stops were probally harder to do than the CV shaft and rack boots, you need to compress the springs and move the strut. Not something I would have a go at unless you've got someone with some experience helping.

Beautiful! I have always wanted one, specifically an HK or HT in silver mink or bright blue with red interior :D

Dynamic Speed. Dynamic Speed. Dynamic Speed. Dynamic Speed. Dynamic Speed!!!!!!!! As they are in the pic, or as you mention

That should just about cover my opinion!

Not a set of the 15/52 'urban outlaw' wheels? :D

I know how much you love them...........

Dynamic Speed. Dynamic Speed. Dynamic Speed. Dynamic Speed. Dynamic Speed!!!!!!!! As they are in the pic, or as you mention

That should just about cover my opinion!

Dynamic speed wheels are very cool, guess I would see how they look on the car first with black centres. 

Procrastinating about wheels again, are cup wheels too common on 964s. But I do love them.

37CE584F-D516-4112-B053-389D2A9B5391_zps

Or Dynamic Speed with spokes painted silver.

CB9C1A79-2FFA-4181-B761-2335D8A8FDA9_zps

Cups all the way, Porsche nailed these, perfect for the 964 (even better colour matched!). I just don't get any older fuchs style wheels on a car younger than an '89. But appreciate some love them.

• 2 weeks later...

8E499DA1-8FFC-4A74-ABDD-B82C582F0467_zps

On the way home today, we pulled over at one of the service centres on the ring-road (south-bound).  There was a hot-rod gathering on.  Looks like it was at the same/similar BP?  The roof-line is the same!

Thanks for the look through your car today Fraz!  She's a beauty!  I reckon that colour is crying out for gold-centred 3-piece wheels with a polished lip!

Yes mate that's Saturday Night live.  

Wheels, oh the procrastination.

Good name! 

I've narrowed my choices down, but won't get to sort them out till next year.  So many other things still to do!

Another job done, out with the annoying beeping Sony and the Amp from the 90s in with the new Clarion.

Gone are all the crimp connectors, electrical tape, in with the solder joins and shrink wrap wiring. 

15543A60-83F7-41E4-9E7F-8958329D416C_zps

So good to have music streaming and phone connectivity.

42224030-A675-4D70-A187-927ADDC8C915_zps

Speaker have well and truely had their day. Front Hurtz Energy series 5.25 speakers and tweeter with 4x6 Hurtz Dieci series for rears are on the way.

No chopping up the door trims or parcel shelf straight in fit under standard speaker covers.

A611507C-1374-4D9F-B67E-A18A2F4BF3EC_zps

Check out these mini amps, see what it sounds like first but this will fit nicely under the passenger seat. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYvsOnVkLyo 

Why on earth would you put a picture of those 993 wheels up… im not sure  a fourth set of wheels and tyres will go down well in my house , but then again , she does have more shoes than I ;)

:huh: Nothing 993 about Cup 1s brother. 

Never thought I would love this car this much, now with the new boots and wheels even more so. Looks so fat from behind. 

Ended up getting Goodyear F1s 255/40/17, 225/45/17 noticed the tyres have a made in Germany stamp. Got to love that on a Porsche.    

71DD30A2-10AB-4314-AB0C-008BB86B4425_zps