tunable controlable CIS

in my quest for enlightenment I mused late Sunday night what are the tuning/capability options on the CIS systems? read about adjustable WUR's, which led to a bunch of heartache and wonder threads on a product called UTCIS https://unwiredtools.com/utcis.asp then another on frankenCIS http://www.frankencis.com/ been developed by some guys in brisvegas and it seems to be working.

Its all less than a year old and Im not aware of many installs, but its getting good feedback. The guy who has developed it, used his 928 as the test mule - work on a 928 work on any CIS . They are making all the devleopment available gratis to 911 guys with their commercial market merc drivers.

anyone installed this stuff or know of it been used locally?

pelican thread http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/820323-digital-wur-plus-frankencis.html

Bosch state in their technical docs that K-Jet was designed for performance and it was only emissions requirements that moved them away from it.

The electronic solution seems more complex and not necessarily more durable (decades+). But I could be wrong.

probably only worthwhile if you're going to do some other mods to get more power, and are worried about fuelling across the rev range (or want the 'challenge' of a more complex system)

a well maintained CIS system just works and is reliable

• 1 year later...

just acquired the basic FrankenCIS kit and in discussion with DKUBUS on some additional componentry. As I have some remedial work to undertake on the engine and CIS, including WUR replacement and there has been confirmed/workable installs on N/A and turbo motors, thought it worth while trying out.

Prior to commencing assembly and install I'll need to sort out as couple of issues and establish a baseline on the engine, to determine what each subsequent mod does.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read in depth on both systems. Seems the UTCIS is essentially dead.  The FrankenCIS appeals to me, I would be very interested in hearing your feedback. I'm considering using the controller to also manage a few other things in my 924T, I like the fact that it is essentially bolt on and could be easily removed if desired. 

• 1 year later...
On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:02 AM, michel said:

just acquired the basic FrankenCIS kit and in discussion with DKUBUS on some additional componentry. As I have some remedial work to undertake on the engine and CIS, including WUR replacement and there has been confirmed/workable installs on N/A and turbo motors, thought it worth while trying out.

Prior to commencing assembly and install I'll need to sort out as couple of issues and establish a baseline on the engine, to determine what each subsequent mod does.

Michel,

Did you ever install your FrankenCIS? Getting close to installing the intercooler on my 924t and need to finalise what I use to control boost and whether I also consider controlling the AFR (don't feel mine is running rich enough under boost atm).

23 hours ago, bear924 said:

Michel,

Did you ever install your FrankenCIS? Getting close to installing the intercooler on my 924t and need to finalise what I use to control boost and whether I also consider controlling the AFR (don't feel mine is running rich enough under boost atm).

Mr bear

funny you  nention this . I did not but am installing it on the 924 turbo 

had a very informative chat with Mike Jong (DKUBUS) Thursday last week and, have been reading over the weekend.

its a great solution .

Recommend you talk with Mike. I’ve recimmended the same to  a few other 924 turbo owners .

I

Archived