EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!

Hi All,

As a part of the natural evolution of this forum, and the software that drives it, and in order to resolve a bunch of annoying issues as well as offer new and improved functionality to the PFA, we are about to upgrade to a whole new software version: v4 !!!!

Of course with any change, comes.... change.

As a result there are a couple things we're going to need to get used to.

1.  Login names and Display names are going to be merged - so you'll only have ONE name. I've elected to keep our DISPLAY names - e.g. D-Banger instead of Doug, and T-Man instead of Theo etc...

In other words, you might have joined originally as "John", but changed the name displayed to "Phat-J". With the upgrade, Phat-J will now be your login name.

BOTTOMLINE: You may have to re-enter your DISPLAY name and password TO LOGIN, 

and then ask your browser to remember this change. 

2.  We're going to temporarily lose our skin! - the "look" of the PFA (the Martini 917, the greyed numbers etc). Stay tuned for a new improved version of the skin.

My understanding is that the "mobile" version of the interface is going to be far better, which will be welcomed by all those who have complained to me about this over the years!!!

And, there's going to be loads of other new features which I'm sure you're gonna appreciate!

A little patience I request over the next few weeks, but more importantly, happy exploring!

Kerry

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. The mobile version of this forum is the best of all the forums I go to!

Kerry, do you have a staging environment, or so you just push the new software with your fingers crossed?

Agreed,  it's simple and easy to navigate.  I like simple.  :huh:

Lol. The mobile version of this forum is the best of all the forums I go to!

...and you two with the simple is good!  :angry::o :(

I paid for complicated, and you'll both like it!!! :blink::mellow: <_<^_^ :rolleyes:

Hey Everyone.

Yes, the new software hit overnight... :blink:

I have made a few changes to make it feel a bit more familiar, but there are obviously a few things missing which I'll be addressing in the next few days, and then we'll be introducing a few features as well.

Unless there are blatant issues that we need to deal with, thanks for your patience.

Kerry

• 1 month later...

My understanding is that the "mobile" version of the interface is going to be far better, which will be welcomed by all those who have complained to me about this over the years!!!

Kerry, currently on my iPad it's really terrible. It's fine for just looking at posts but to quote someone else's post and then comment is not good. Do I need to run a separate app like tapatalk rather that through Safari browser on the iPad?

Archived