Porsche Club Qld Social 2 day Drive - Overnight stay Noosa/ Hillclimb

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Carrera86, 

Not sure about the overnight thing, but the P Club are doing a Sunday drive to Eumundi Pub, leaving Bris and going over Mt Mee etc. to get there.  Check out their website for details.  I'm going to do it and then maybe head over to the hill climb from Eumundi after a feed. 

Cheers, 

Darren.

I have been debating whether to renew my membership (maybe it has already lapsed?)

I don't know about you guys but it seemed like I'm not a good fit for the club.  I did go to a couple of things when I first joined up but it wasn't quite what I was expecting.  I seem to prefer C&C on occasion and loosely organised events on this site.

What are other peoples thoughts?  Do they find the club membership worth it?

I was a club member years ago (2004/5) and I really go the shits with the club.  I wanted to do more drives, but the club was only intent on doing track days.  My membership seemed to go the motorsports aspect of the club.  They did nothing else.  Then they would ask you to pay for the X-mas party.  The club Kitty was in the tens of thousands, and they did nothing with this for members.  I raised this on a club night and was totally shut down.

Anyway, new Prez and it's now 2015.  I joined last year as the club seems to have at least one driving event (non motorsports related) a month.  The Social Director is now a guy who likes to drive too.  I've been on a couple of drives with the club now and they have been really great.  So I just renewed my membership.

Clubs are really only a success when club members participate and put in their own effort.  I know everyone is busy nowadays and can only turn up to 1 or maybe 2 things a year.  That makes club membership questionable - and therefore maybe stick to PFA and do things when you can.  I think if you plan on attending a few things or more with the P Club, then it might be a good idea to stay as a member.

I don't attend the Tuesday night club nights either - I find them lame and really only an opportunity for Porsche to market their new cars - I wish they did something else with these nights...  So yeah, each year, I'm torn...  PFA is an awesome community and the guys in here like to drive and do more car/driving related things - and from my interactions are all Gentleman Drivers :D  

I have been a member for about 5 years and as others have said I'm not obsessed with track events so have this year decided not to renew as I was mainly interested in the social drives too. This Sunday's drive does look to be a decent run so I'll be taking the Mrs as well.

The Xmas party is always a Fancy Dress affair (not for me either) ..I raised this with one of the current board members who did bring this up with the club and she was pretty shut down too .

What's wrong with a nice dinner somewhere and a few drinks ? I don't have to dress up like a cowboy to have a good time .. (the mrs might like it though lol)

So I'll attend the odd social drive if it looks ok and just keep in the loop via the QPC Facebook page ..

So I may in fact see some of you on Sunday !

I am realising the value is for people who want to track their cars, and the club is the best way to go about that.  For the social drive side of things it seems location and so on I don't make a great fit.  So I've decided to not renew.  

I firmly dislike fancy dress parties as well.  Whenever someone proposes one I always look for an excuse to not attend.  I was always a fan of sitting with a beer and a steak in normal clothes and just have a good night out.

Which reminds me we should organise another Sunshine Coast drive day.

Anyone going ?  or have any more info on the two day drive ect....

What hill climb are you talking about ? I looked at the club site but could not finned anything about the climb, I would like to go.

I just found it, I'm a bit late, would have been fun, next time.

What hill climb are you talking about ? I looked at the club site but could not finned anything about the climb, I would like to go.

I just found it, I'm a bit late, would have been fun, next time.

They generally have another one at Noosa in November.  A July-run hillclimb is a recent invention, the main event has always been in November.

Archived