F6 Project

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was talk of wrapping the hot side or making a sock or whatever so we will see, my son told me everything else has heat shield wrap on it so may as well do the turbo as well i think, i can't wait to see this thing run, it's been a loooong time coming.

• 3 weeks later...

The "whale" has just gone on the dyno and made 400 rwkw (535hp) on 98 octane with 13lb of boost. The plan is to now run the engine in properly and then it will be tuned properly on ethanol and run about 38lb boost and see what happens, the concensus is over 1000hp.

The "whale" has just gone on the dyno and made 400 rwkw (535hp) on 98 octane with 13lb of boost. The plan is to now run the engine in properly and then it will be tuned properly on ethanol and run about 38lb boost and see what happens, the concensus is over 1000hp.

Almost, but not quite, more than one needs...;)

Almost, but not quite, more than one needs...;)

This is a crazy stupid engine build that will only end up in one place, on the drag strip at Eastern Creek. Absolutely Rob the power will be too much for a street car and the electronic mods being done to it are a bit of an eye opener and nothing that i would have thought of but there are some clever dudes working on this car.

I have had quite a few....discussions i suppose you could call them (arguments) with my son regarding this car, he doesn't drink or smoke and hates drugs, so all i can do is support him with this project. The engine had over 500hp before this build and used to push your body back in the car seat like i have never felt before it had so much torque. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Cruise control button has been adapted through the Motec ECU to operate the Trans Brake now, pull on the switch and it engages the trans brake, it works the same as a drag car basically, let it go and it launches the car.

• 10 months later...

Update, the car wwnt on a conventional dyno yesterday for a tune and when it got to 600hp it started spinning the wheels. After some fettling of the tune it got to 750hp but is still spinning the tyres, booked in this afternoon for a hub dyno run.:o

42 minutes ago, ANF said:

Hmmm, that's a lot!! How is it proposed to avoid the same on the road when floored?

The plan is to have switchable mapping eventually........you won't have to floor it on the road anyway

That thing is going to pull a hell of a road train with that tow bar, but I suspect it is there to make it look a road standard family car !

As with any car grip\acceleration is limited by tyre grip so what size wheels and tyres will it run - road and strip ?

Cheers, Mark.

Archived