The Autohaus thread (and other places)

I don't know about you guys but I love spending time at 'my mechanics joint' and mine happens to be Autohaus. These guys are just going off at the moment. So much good metal to see and stuff to learn. I could really spend a couple of hours a day just hanging out. 

Anyway, thought I'd start a thread on the stuff you get to see and hear when hanging out with the oily folk.

picked up my 930 today and this is some of what was on offer

72183D6E-BB66-48BA-B446-8794F9D36653_zps

1CE99546-EE7D-4297-A698-7C8709DCE912_zps

78E936BD-EA53-4318-AB09-6553D4BC4EFF_zps

5E4B70B6-0167-4D8A-9F45-CCA12A080C05_zps

0E6E2EC1-43B7-4960-B4D9-1053E1AB3E3F_zps

10B085AF-1DDB-4554-B780-03BAC6AECF7C_zps

87F502D7-7DCC-461F-83B8-320D3E1414DE_zps

Talk about a company being in the right place at the right time (the 911 value upswing) but most importantly, offering the right level of service. 

It's a great story

And that story looks like it is going to start a new chapter. The guys are busting out of their existing premises and are actively looking for new digs. Watch this space

Well. To be real, they've been there for quite some time!

Very True - and that's what I think gives them the real 'genuine article' feel cause they were established before the bandwagon left the station. The same bandwagon that I only just got on I might add!! 

I remember taking my first Pcar there when Ian was there pretty much by himself (and his lovely wife) don't think he had an offsider, it was quite awhile ago.

I grew up on the northern beaches so it was quite fortuitous when I got my first P.

It was a ratty old silver 2.4S, was embarrassed taking it to the PCNSW events at the time, impact bumpers were the rage (wish I had it now though).

Haven't been back there since, looking at the images I can see that it's grown a bit but pretty much as it was then, just way more cars. 

Would like to drop in before they move just to have a look.

I remember taking my first Pcar there when Ian was there pretty much by himself (and his lovely wife) don't think he had an offsider, it was quite awhile ago.

I grew up on the northern beaches so it was quite fortuitous when I got my first P.

It was a ratty old silver 2.4S, was embarrassed taking it to the PCNSW events at the time, impact bumpers were the rage (wish I had it now though).

Haven't been back there since, looking at the images I can see that it's grown a bit but pretty much as it was then, just way more cars. 

Would like to drop in before they move just to have a look.

the move is still an idea, but should happen. You should definitely drop in - changes every week and some real gems

87F502D7-7DCC-461F-83B8-320D3E1414DE_zps

this one was interesting. A ST back date that used to be a 964 4. Belgian steel body kit. So many great bits and and just as many that made the car not quite there. Engine stock. Reportedly for sale in the near future

Autohaus seem to be going great guns - their social media engagement with the P car community is clearly helping.  They appear miles ahead of their competitors in that space.   I'm in Melbourne and I find their stuff interesting to follow.  You'd reckon some of the others would twig to this and follow their lead but then again many workshops seem content with the work they have from word of mouth/referral and perhaps not looking to grow market share?

I've never been to Autohaus (being in Melb) but got some prices on some bits the other week from James and was pleasantly surprised. Very competitive on the bits I need.

Autohaus seem to be going great guns - their social media engagement with the P car community is clearly helping.  They appear miles ahead of their competitors in that space.   I'm in Melbourne and I find their stuff interesting to follow.  You'd reckon some of the others would twig to this and follow their lead but then again many workshops seem content with the work they have from word of mouth/referral and perhaps not looking to grow market share?

120 cars coming their run on Sunday speaks volumns. They are just enthusiasts like us at heart and it shows. 

this one was interesting. A ST back date that used to be a 964 4. Belgian steel body kit. So many great bits and and just as many that made the car not quite there. Engine stock. Reportedly for sale in the near future

Any idea on the price?

Who else hands out Caramello Koalas with purchased parts? :-)

Agreed with the social media thing. Always seen there updates. A LOT of other companies, regardless of their business, could take a leaf out of their book

Who else hands out Caramello Koalas with purchased parts? :-)

As a result of hearing so much positive feedback and laughs in the PFA community purely based on Caramel Koalas i have adopted the same idea with my business.

Depending on the time of year every order leaves the warehouse with either a Freddo of a few Mentos. (Freedom can get a bit grim in Summer)

Its amazing the positive feedback I am now receiving.  (and the complaining if we forget to put then in)

So a shout out to Autohaus and I hope you don't mind me pinching your idea 

Question for those who have been to autohaus recently, is the blue long hood backdate 911 the one that's been for sale on the pcnsw website? I seriously considered that car but the owner was overseas, just wondering if it's now at autohaus to be ppi'd / sold?

Archived