INVISIBLE CAR BRA

Niko

I have tentatively booked the Cayman in for an invisible car bra to be fitted, over bonnet, guards, front bar, headlights and mirrors.

has anyone had their car done and what are the pros and cons if you have.

Had my Cayman R done at http://www.invisiblecarbras.com.au/ 3years ago. It was an excelent job. As well I also had the lower edge of the rear gaurds and the full length of the sill under the doors.

I found the material does mark a bit more eaisly than paint and it is far more susceptible to bird droppings and jucy bug innards. You can reduce some marks with the right polish but not remove them. After a while it looks a bit grubbier on the film surface than the paint would have but you can just remove the film when it looks to shabby. 

Overall a great product that does the job as advertised and protects the paint from everything but the larger stones which can still damage the film and mark the paint but probably doing less damage than without the film. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, thanks everyone for sharing your experiences with the clear bra film. I am in the same situation as Niko and will be doing this now as soon as I take delivery of my car. 

I think your car bra will be stopping more drool from other members than stone chips ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi Niko, how did you go with the car bra?

Well its all done, and I am awaiting some nice hot days to hopefully bake a few little blemishes out.   A few of the guys have seen it and say it looks good.

Chris being one of them, and he said he would be very happy with the job if it was on his car, so that is a pretty good opinion, because as we know Chris has high standards.

The service was excellent there, and James stressed if I was not happy he would re do the parts I wasn't happy with.

When the car is under cover or in the garage, I can see cloudy sections when you look at the bonnet on certain angles, and also a couple of streaks on the bar.   

But having said that when it is out in the clear of day, it is pretty damn good.  

I do think they are slowly dispersing, and on a lighter colour car probably wouldn't be visible.

Maybe I am being a bit finnicky.  

But James did stress the sun (if and when we ever see it again here in Vic) will bake the film on properly and those cloudy sections will disappear.

So I'm not complaining, if your at DAK DAK I will give you a look, see what you think.

Thanks Niko, I will probably get James to do mine.  Don't think I'll make Dak Dak.

Yes I think they are the best, very hard to see where the film finishes on the main panels, I had the front bar the bonnet, the guards, mirrors and head and driving lights done.   Would you believe I have since picked up a couple of small chips on the front area of the roof now....

can't beat them all I guess, although the day after mine was done they were doing a complete wrap on a FIREARRIE,

so I guess if your prepared to spend the money you can beat them all.

• 5 months later...

Sorry.... it was a bit tardy of me not too finish this topic earlier.  

As stated previously,  there were some blemishes on the hood and the guards.  Mainly only visible in the shade.:mellow:

I waited for the sun to give it a good dose of rays, but it didn't take all the imperfections out.:(

I hummed and harred about whether to speak to James about it, but in the end it peed me off every time I looked at it.:(

Anyway, I gave it near enough to 5 months and it hadn't cleared itself up, and just before I Christmas sent an email to James, with some photos.

James, true to his word, invited me to being the car back after Christmas, which I did in the first couple of weeks of January.

James re did the bonnet and guards, and explained to me,

that it was a new type of film that they had used, and he had thought it would have come good with the sun.

Anyway, the job has been re done, and I am now 100% satisfied with the result.  

I also had James do the A pillars and the front of the roof area while he was doing it.

There was no problems having it re done, and James was a true gentleman and professional in rectifying my complaint.B)

• 8 months later...

Just to add to this, I've had 2 cars done recently by ICB and both turned out great.  Second job had a problem (they accidentally damaged something) and they took full responsibility and got it fixed and didn't bill me until it was 100% resolved.  Shit happens, it's how you deal with it that counts.  Not often you deal with people like this so would agree James is an old fashioned gent.  I would recommend using James specifically if you can ;) 

• 11 months later...

Archived