Thats a fair price for ….an Aus car , seeing as their was only 600 isn cars producced that year ROW targas 300  , vs 9000 common old coupes ;)

I like the car.. a set of Dan Pies Augment Wheels 17 Inch D90's  is the answer t the purists and modders alike :) 

It is a bit weird that its had seats retrimmed and a rebuild , could be a cover up , could be a great value prop for someone..

I personally would have a C2 over a C4  but i do think both are still great cars and a real step up into liveable reality over SC and g series in my opinion.

It probably  is bloody obvious , but also a totally diffrent engine feel and drive vs a 993 although you could close your eyes for a moment and think your in a 993 with many similar interior pit looks.

I would have said no 964 was 125+ but with the SC and g sries prices that high , i would have a 964 over them any day..

Go buy it is a rare car.. if you want rarity and a I personally would kinda keep it classic ..  as a few of you know I bought mine to do a mod , maybe a singeresque change , but really I have now come to feel its best left as it is..

On 8/13/2018 at 1:31 PM, JerrySeinfeld said:

964’s sure are expensive in Australia!

Porsches are generally expensive in Australia compared to most other countries.

964s have risen to high levels in the last two odd years.

Welcome to the forum. Your collection is the stuff of legend. Long may it provide inspiration for plebs like me.

5 minutes ago, alps said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1993-Porsche-911-Carrera-2-964-Manual/SSE-AD-4497480?id=SSE-AD-4497480

Hi all,

New to group and starting my search for a 964.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this car on carsales and what they think of it from the description and pics?

just buy mine. Half the kms, but it's red.

On 8/12/2018 at 4:02 PM, 901er said:

Looking for a C2, but except for the fact that its an import it looks looks like a nice, reasonably priced car.

It's not white, but don't mind the colour either :)

20 hours ago, alps said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1993-Porsche-911-Carrera-2-964-Manual/SSE-AD-4497480?id=SSE-AD-4497480

Hi all,

New to group and starting my search for a 964.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this car on carsales and what they think of it from the description and pics?

I can't comment on the car itself, but know that it's been listed on Carsales for well over a year (I was researching purchase of a 964 at the time), and the price has not changed. $149,900 is right up there in price, and you can assume the seller is not willing to negotiate (much) or it would have shifted by now. 

The seller is willing to negotiate. 

What’s holding it back is it’s had a considerable hit on the passenger side torpedo wing with a kangaroo and some numbnut drilled through the compliance plate taking out some of the numbers during a dodgy alarm install. It’s been on carsales for about two years now....

11 hours ago, TOMB said:

The seller is willing to negotiate. 

What’s holding it back is it’s had a considerable hit on the passenger side torpedo wing with a kangaroo and some numbnut drilled through the compliance plate taking out some of the numbers during a dodgy alarm install. It’s been on carsales for about two years now....

Assuming the kangaroo hit has been properly repaired by a reputable shop and there is no evidence of the hit remaining on the car, is this really a major factor in it sitting for so long? I understand the caution with the compliance plate but I have heard this kangaroo shunt mentioned many times here. Any car of this vintage (and older), is likely to have had something or another in their life.

Please don't think I am having a go or anything, just curious on the perception.

The price certainly seems to be up there for a C2 so perhaps factoring in the compliance plate, the advertised price should be lower.

1 hour ago, poli84 said:

Assuming the kangaroo hit has been properly repaired by a reputable shop and there is no evidence of the hit remaining on the car, is this really a major factor in it sitting for so long? I understand the caution with the compliance plate but I have heard this kangaroo shunt mentioned many times here. Any car of this vintage (and older), is likely to have had something or another in their life.

Please don't think I am having a go or anything, just curious on the perception.

The price certainly seems to be up there for a C2 so perhaps factoring in the compliance plate, the advertised price should be lower.

I'm not having a go either, just an observation... If it's been listed at that price and hasn't sold in two years, then surely it's time to lower the price to meet the market?

47 minutes ago, JLD said:

I'm not having a go either, just an observation... If it's been listed at that price and hasn't sold in two years, then surely it's time to lower the price to meet the market?

Agreed. Given the seller is willing to negotiate, perhaps he is starting high to allow for this... but after this long on the market, it is surely time to change tactics. 

43 minutes ago, JLD said:

Thanks for all the feedback/information guys. 

When I first saw the add, my initial thought was that it was priced a little on the high side and because of that, expected it to have a clean bill of health with no story behind it. I knew it had been sitting there awhile and assumed it was because of this high asking price and that they owner was in no hurry to sell it and was prepared to wait it out till someone met his price.

Will take our time to find the right car for us (anticipate it will take between 6-12 month).

Thanks again.

On 8/12/2018 at 4:02 PM, 901er said:

Anyone seen or know of this car? What’s scaring prospective purchasers off? Looking for a C2 but seems reasonably C4 priced vs others on carsales.

18 minutes ago, alps said:

Anyone seen or know of this car? What’s scaring prospective purchasers off? Looking for a C2 but seems reasonably C4 priced vs others on carsales.

Import, needs a very good clean (inside and out) and the wheels don't do it any favours. Probably worth giving Autowerks a call as it seems like they have been looking after it. 

Why people even bother advertising a car without any attempt to clean it is beyond me, makes me question such claims as "no expense spared" - $50 for a wash?