1 hour ago, 901er said:

In all seriousness, it was last listed at 129k, which I thought was too cheap. I feel like it should have brought a premium over any 964 coupe and was surprised it lasted so long. 

Really, excluding Rs, turbo coupes, specials,Why?

Most other Targa's are less than coupes in the same model range price wise (must be a reason), I know the 964 targa numbers are low build but they are still targas.

1 hour ago, 901er said:

In all seriousness, it was last listed at 129k, which I thought was too cheap. I feel like it should have brought a premium over any 964 coupe and was surprised it lasted so long. 

Yes a clean car but did have some weird repairs and retrim, Im a sucker for white as you probably know … what we swapping? Im up for change and just got home .. you can go on holiday in Victoria in a Targa and I come to Nth Queensland as its a bit cold since my return from the states and uk and the 43c days :)    As for scarecity they are very scarce   at 42xx and only 2500 RHD ROW  vs 33,000 coupes total , not sure of the spread C2 vs C4.

Either that or I should cut it up ;) and put the 3.8 in it .. the market is falling 

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Yes a clean car but did have some weird repairs and retrim, Im a sucker for white as you probably know … what we swapping? Im up for change and just got home .. you can go on holiday in Victoria in a Targa and I come to Nth Queensland as its a bit cold since my return from the states and uk and the 43c days :)    As for scarecity they are very scarce   at 42xx and only 2500 RHD ROW  vs 33,000 coupes total , not sure of the spread C2 vs C4.

Either that or I should cut it up ;) and put the 3.8 in it .. the market is falling 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Sounds like we have a Singer Byron commission on the way. That would be a significant build with the one and only “Byron” tag easily commanding an extra 20% when you decide to flip ?

6 hours ago, dipstick said:

Really, excluding Rs, turbo coupes, specials,Why?

Most other Targa's are less than coupes in the same model range price wise (must be a reason), I know the 964 targa numbers are low build but they are still targas.

No hard and fast facts here dipstick, just because I’m a targa tragic and the very low build numbers make it special in my book. 

5 hours ago, symsy said:

I’m pretty content for the minute, the GT3 that found it’s way into my garage this year ticks all the boxes, as you would know

10 hours ago, symsy said:

Personally I can’t believe your Targa hasn’t been snapped up by now, such a sweet example. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LeeM said:

That's a tad optimistic isn't it? 

50 minutes ago, 901er said:

Especially when there’s GT3’s you could be buying for less 

Mind you didn't you see the old Vic 911 plates hanging on the wall in the background, that came with the car  ;) 

I'm a 964-phile and was willing to pay a bit more to scratch that itch. And I do get the idea of paying irrational money for the marquee versions of the breed (RS or 3.6 litre turbo both come to mind). But $185 for a non "special' version seems just silly to me. Yes, it's a C2, yes it's a manual and yes, it's got sort of low k's. But it's still not worth close to the asking price, nor do I think it will go for that.

Reading the ad, I actually get the sense that the seller is serious about moving it but feels as though he's got some emotion tied up in the sale and his view of the car's overall quality and provenance. 

10 hours ago, Andy73 said:

I'm a 964-phile and was willing to pay a bit more to scratch that itch. And I do get the idea of paying irrational money for the marquee versions of the breed (RS or 3.6 litre turbo both come to mind). But $185 for a non "special' version seems just silly to me. Yes, it's a C2, yes it's a manual and yes, it's got sort of low k's. But it's still not worth close to the asking price, nor do I think it will go for that.

Reading the ad, I actually get the sense that the seller is serious about moving it but feels as though he's got some emotion tied up in the sale and his view of the car's overall quality and provenance. 

I think ihe bought it from michel .. I think he owned it prior.. its the emotion of being on PFA

On 25/10/2018 at 08:49, Andy73 said:

The engine specs on that red one make for tasty reading!