Has the government officially announced what changes are being made to the grey import laws from 2018 yet? I remember changing the pre-89 rule to a 'over 25 year' was one option being discussed. If that's the case, that'll open up our market to the abundance of 964s overseas as well.

• 1 month later...

One of you Victorians please buy this! Good price for a rare car despite the work required. Haggle a little. I'd be very surprised if this remains unsold beyond a week.

cp5374376911821794714.jpg?pxc_method=fit

If I had the money it would have sold already...

I didn't know about these till too late.. one sold here in Brisbane for 75k about 3 years ago... from memory it had 200kms... so unlikely to be the same car...

Those sure were exciting times!!!

Did it actually sell for $75k? I heard that one was pulled from sale once the owner realised he may have under valued it slightly...

Would it pull $220k tidied up to within a mm of it's life with those km's?

Probably not quite. I knew of a very tidy one here in Sydney, off market that the owner would have let go at circa $200k with I think around 150km. That was approx. 2 years ago.

Bit late in the cycle to be asking that sort of $$.  See how it goes

nah, it's a bargain, only needs body, paint, interior and engine work.  What about brakes, & suspension, nah they're fine mate, 300,000km fresh and besides it's only $155k, what else can you get for that, probably some shit box 40,000km minter 996 GT3.......?  The choice is obvious.

nah, it's a bargain, only needs body, paint, interior and engine work.  What about brakes, & suspension, nah they're fine mate, 300,000km fresh and besides it's only $155k, what else can you get for that, probably some shit box 40,000km minter 996 GT3.......?  The choice is obvious.

Well in the text it actually states that it has done 350,000 odd km!!!  Whats 50,000km between friends. Going of your quote i would say it would be a -10,000km old 996 gt3 :) 

I have been told it is his daily driver.

That house is about 500m from mine, I walk past it on the way to the local wine bar. Had a feeling there might be some interesting cars hiding behind the mahoosive gates. Never seen the car on the road.....

That house is about 500m from mine, I walk past it on the way to the local wine bar. Had a feeling there might be some interesting cars hiding behind the mahoosive gates. Never seen the car on the road.....

Its always out driving mate .. you obviously havent tried to get the Silver Porsche Uber home 

So give it the 'light' resto, tidy it up and rebuild the engine/transmission.

in regards to future value do the 350k on the clock become less relevant compared to a car with half the klms that has not had the work done.

I'd take the car with half the kms, with the work not done.  350km is kinda like intergalactic mileage on a 'rare collectable'.

How much extra do people value these 'stripes and decals' special editions anyway?  I mean they are nice to have but how much more woud you really pay over the same model and condition car with the same equipment?

to me a silver 964 with lots of kms and oil leaks is an 80k car.