14 hours ago, G5032 said:

Anybody know this car?

sounds promising with the rebuild but asking big $$$$, realisticly what's it worth?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1993/SSE-AD-4497480

lots on  offer no comment on pricing , though it’s sat n sat and been poked by a few. 

Tidy enough car got some recent big invoices as written, though if asked the owner will/should disclose a pretty vigorous shunt  with a roo.

That said if repaired ok , why let it  bother you 

if it’s got your attention go have a look. 

19 hours ago, G5032 said:

Yep thanks for that I'm quite keen seems to tick all the boxes except for the price!'n

Was there when i was looking back in April. Certainly looks nice in pics. Impact with a roo could have caused a bit of damage but as @michel says, if repaired well, it shouldn't be an issue. Mind you, for that sort of money could you be forgiven for expecting a car that had never been in a hit...?

On 06/02/2018 at 2:10 PM, Andy73 said:

Was there when i was looking back in April. Certainly looks nice in pics. Impact with a roo could have caused a bit of damage but as @michel says, if repaired well, it shouldn't be an issue. Mind you, for that sort of money could you be forgiven for expecting a car that had never been in a hit...?

OK big dilemma here, compliance plate has 3 holes drilled through it (apparantly previous dodgy alarm fitted which has since been removed)..one of the holes goes straight through the vin number...is this a deal breaker?,,,car not on the repairable write of register..if the stamped vin number on the chassis checks out is this a huge deal?

10 hours ago, G5032 said:

OK big dilemma here, compliance plate has 3 holes drilled through it (apparantly previous dodgy alarm fitted which has since been removed)..one of the holes goes straight through the vin number...is this a deal breaker?,,,car not on the repairable write of register..if the stamped vin number on the chassis checks out is this a huge deal?

Not a deal breaker but surely a negotiating point (whether the current owner sees it that way is another story). I just think he’s asking super straight car money for it and, at that price, doubts about previous damage and holes drilled in the compliance plate come into play. Not because they’re going to have any impact on how the car drives or how much you enjoy it but because if and when the time comes to sell it, the next purchaser will look at these very same points with a critical eye. Just something to consider with respect to the future value / potential sale price of the car (I know we don’t buy these cars to sell them but it’d be in the back of my mind for sure).

12 minutes ago, G5032 said:

Exactly Andy...if you were going to sell in the future, this would certainly be a factor which It is for me now...mind you he is very negotiable so probably it's been a sticking point for others looking at it ...

I had the same challenge when I was looking for mine. I found a slate grey C4 that seemed a really good car but it was an RHD converted Japanese import. To be honest, if the price had reflected its heritage I would have bought it and just enjoyed it for what it was (and probably had some fun modifying it because, “why the hell not?”). But my concern was that if I was the chump who paid above market rate for it then I might find myself left holding the baby in terms of being into a car for more than I could sell it for. Given the price was comparable with a few Aussie delivered cars (including a stunning forest green example which now occupies prime position in my garage) it just didn’t make sense. I told the seller my position  on what i thought it was worth and would be willing to offer but he wasn't prepared to move. Fair enough (he did sell the car eventually so fair play to him).

The car you’re looking at may be simply stunning but issues of prevenance must come into play at that end of the market (IMHO) and I suspect it’s why he’s no managed to move it yet…

if you manage to get a letter from the RTA stating it's compliances (as a back up for plate with a drill hole through the vin) would that be enough for most to put their mind at ease and not worry anything is seriously wrong? Especially if it matches the stamped vin on the car?

5 hours ago, G5032 said:

if you manage to get a letter from the RTA stating it's compliances (as a back up for plate with a drill hole through the vin) would that be enough for most to put their mind at ease and not worry anything is seriously wrong? Especially if it matches the stamped vin on the car?

You’re starting to sound like a man who wants to pull the trigger ?

5 hours ago, G5032 said:

has the car had a massive shunt in the front?

How does the paint and sealer look in the storage area? Is there a corresponding hole in the carpet right about the comp plate hole? Are there other holes to show where the alarm was mounted?

The grey 964 on carsales. How much do you think the damaged compliance plate detracts from the value of the actual car? I know some aren't bothered by it, but in terms of resale it will likely effect the person buying it when the time comes to sell it down the track. I think that's probably the only reason it's been for sale this long. If the compliance plate was there in tact, mechanically it looks to be sorted with a recent rebuild, but requires some attention to body. Say 10k worst case. What do you think is a reasonable price to pay? 

Not many people would touch it having a damaged plate. Don't imagine you would have any issues with registration as the VIN should be stamped into the chassis. More the psychological side of things and dramas when you resell. If the plate were in tact and the body and engine were in good nic, I would say maybe $130-135 depending on how bad you want it. Rare colour and one of the last ones built too. 

• 3 weeks later...