$140k for a 964, get real.

It's getting up there, a price probably not seen since these cars were 3-5 years old, but if it's an immaculate original showroom example it's not unrealistic, scarcity drives a lot of the value equation...

Unless I am mistaken and there has been some movement in the last 24 hrs, the silver Carrera at AHH, the orange 74 at AHH , the beige Carrera  with 300,000 on carsales and the burgundy Carrera at CTS being the four notable cars trying to push values even more into the obscene all have failed to sell and clear cash. I think (hope) that we are starting to see optimistic pricing starting to hit on the glass ceiling? 

Both Autohaus cars have sold.

It's getting up there, a price probably not seen since these cars were 3-5 years old, but if it's an immaculate original showroom example it's not unrealistic, scarcity drives a lot of the value equation...

Both Autohaus cars have sold.

rumor has it the 964 in question might be getting sold through Autohaus shortly. They have been pricing their cars pretty competitively recently (compared to Duttons etc), so will be interesting to see what the final advertised price is

LOL

Tony Dron in the April 2015 edition of Octane magazine did refer to 964's as "respectable but dull" so is it a surprise that this thread has wandered a little?

:ph34r:

I found mine a bit dull which is part of the reason I sold it in short order.   Felt a bit heavy and underpowered, not as nimble as I expected of a 911.  But that's clearly a very personal opinion because they remain sought after as evidenced by recent prices.  

i can't fathom how a 964 could be worth more than a GT3.

Edited by DJM

I found mine a bit dull which is part of the reason I sold it in short order.   Felt a bit heavy and underpowered, not as nimble as I expected of a 911.  But that's clearly a very personal opinion because they remain sought after as evidenced by recent prices.  

i can't fathom how a 964 could be worth more than a GT3.

that pretty much describes all the old cars when you compare them to new. But we still love them :) 

the feel/emotion is so different, but you are right, very personal. Personally have enjoyed slowing down a bit 

You should find a 356 ;) The turtleneck will be right at home!

funny tassie, we were tossing up either a 356 or 964 originally. In fact had a deposit down on a B before the seller changed their mind?

some might say strange comparison, but both appealed. came down to the right car being available when we were ready, but I still have an eye out for that elusive 356...

Hi guys

I everyone's learned opinion here is a car that is coming on the market and as I haven't seen one for sale for ages what do people estimate its worth

1991 964 C2 Triptronic 58thousand Ks. Bought new in South Africa buy a Malaysian diplomat who bought it to Australia 12 years ago.

It has spent the last 10 years in country NSW and only covered 10K of the 58K in that time

Dark metallic green with Grey interior and every thing works!! air included

Is it a coupe? 

If so probably at least 50k, if its really nice maybe 60k tops? Hard to ballpark these cars without seeing them and knowing what work has or hasn't been done. 58 is a very low amount of kms though - this can be good or bad. 

Edited by hugh
spelling

Maybe timely to update with 964s currently for sale as of August 2015:

1989 C4 Manual Coupe Red 201,000km $79,000 (Carsales)

1990 C2 Manual Coupe Blue 155,000km $96,000 (Gumtree)

1990 C4 Manual Coupe Black 133,000km $110,000 (Duttons) (SOLD)

1992 RS Touring LHD Red 25,000km $POA (Duttons)

1993 C2 Manual Cab Wide Body Red 19,000km $POA (Duttons)

1993 C2 Manual Cab Grey 138,000km $60,000 (Classic Throttle Shop) (SOLD)

Anyone know of any others currently?

The Red 89 C4 Coupe looks cheap in comparison , worth a look given where prices are heading?

Does a colour's rarity really dictate such a premium over others? :rolleyes:

I have read that if you are using colour to differentiate your car , your car is not a proper rarity.

But that's not to say some people won't outbid each other to get the black on black or lobster on lobster that is deemed desirable , if not rare.

I have read that if you are using colour to differentiate your car , your car is not a proper rarity.

But that's not to say some people won't outbid each other to get the black on black or lobster on lobster that is deemed desirable , if not rare.

Perfectly put.

A black on black will always be the classic and is universally understood without any fluff.

The curious thing I have noticed creeping into 964 coupe rarity discussions of late is that somehow not having a sunroof makes the car rare and collectable...really!

The curious thing I have noticed creeping into 964 coupe rarity discussions of late is that somehow not having a sunroof makes the car rare and collectable...really!

I was recently in at a Porsche centre (that shall remain nameless) and found myself having a conversation with one of the service managers that pointed out how much of a shame it was that my car had a sunroof...........wtf? 

My response was "so you'd knock one back because it has one?" and he just replied that they were rarer and "the one to have". It would appear the market is flooded with 964 sunroof coupes? 

I was going to say that his wife likes it (the sunroof that is) but that would be childish so I just smiled and said thank you. 

I was recently in at a Porsche centre (that shall remain nameless) and found myself having a conversation with one of the service managers that pointed out how much of a shame it was that my car had a sunroof...........wtf? 

My response was "so you'd knock one back because it has one?" and he just replied that they were rarer and "the one to have". It would appear the market is flooded with 964 sunroof coupes? 

I was going to say that his wife likes it (the sunroof that is) but that would be childish so I just smiled and said thank you. 

That is bloody appalling of them...

go on.....be childish. You'll feel good-for a while :)