964 C2 .. selling 130s .. I know of some higher in teh past few months .. I cant say anything for the sellers chasing 140-150s ..  

964s seem to be very colour dependent .. black , red , seal grey and a few other colours in bug demand.

Yes the market has softened , but if G Series is 110 +  you would have  964 all day long at 110-150k

2 hours ago, symsy said:

964 C2 .. selling 130s .. I know of some higher in teh past few months .. I cant say anything for the sellers chasing 140-150s ..  

964s seem to be very colour dependent .. black , red , seal grey and a few other colours in bug demand.

Yes the market has softened , but if G Series is 110 +  you would have  964 all day long at 110-150k

A post I understand, and with which I agree.

I don't really understand G body cars selling for more than a comparable 964.

3 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Simple, they are really pretty.  And fun to drive too. 

Exactly. 

Trying to rationalise values (imagined or otherwise) is crazy i reckon. If had the money I'd hand over $600K plus for a 964 Turbo. I know - that makes no sense, given what else I could get for that kind of money. Don't care. The heart wants what the heart wants...

The low to mid 100's opens a number of options re: 911's. Hard to say what is best, really depends on the owners needs/wants; 

Sunday drive/spirited crusier = 901

Sunday drive, maybe a bit of semi serious track work = G series

All of the above with a bit of daily duties = 964

(All of the above + taking your mum out for lunch and her not coming home smelling like petrol = 996/997 :ph34r:;))

A tad of over simplification, all capable of any application but some are more easily adapted to than others. That's my experience at least. 

37 minutes ago, hugh said:

The low to mid 100's opens a number of options re: 911's. Hard to say what is best, really depends on the owners needs/wants; 

Sunday drive/spirited crusier = 901

Sunday drive, maybe a bit of semi serious track work = G series

All of the above with a bit of daily duties = 964

(All of the above + taking your mum out for lunch and her not coming home smelling like petrol = 996/997 :ph34r:;))

A tad of over simplification, all capable of any application but some are more easily adapted to than others. That's my experience at least. 

Want the best 993 of em all , or a 964 targa , pop the roof off , sun shines in , petrol smells non  existent ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 1:00 PM, JLD said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-5572306/?Cr=9

This one's a bit NQR (Not Quite Red). Looks nice, interior must be tough to keep clean

I'm reasonably sure that car used to belong to my boss. If not it's exactly the same. Exterior colour would best be described as salmon pink. Not the best colour - even in that kooky Porsche colours are cool sort of a way. Still, when he had it late 90's to early noughties, it was a beautifully clean example.

Linking this though....

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-5535727/?Cr=3

1 minute ago, Peter M said:

Engine rebuilt with only 135,000km?  Surely it was just a reseal to keep the Texas T in.  Nice though. Just need a set of flag mirrors.....

Flag mirrors? I suppose if keeping the D90's that makes sense. I'd say keep the Aero mirrors, drop it and put it on Cup 1's or E88's with black centres ?

33 minutes ago, 901er said:

Love it! It’s white, a C2 and a targa. Asking price is almost reasonable too 

It’s almost my unicorn... oddly I want a white, manual, C4 targa 964 but I don’t have the money yet.. one day