4 minutes ago, James P said:

Anyone know this 964 Cab? 

Not sure why I'm looking at it or why i dig it

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911/153427899612?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I'll tell you why. It's a good colour, it's got Cup 1's and it's reasonably priced. Never wanted a cab or a tipper but I'd happily cruise around in that!

12 minutes ago, James P said:

Anyone know this 964 Cab? 

Not sure why I'm looking at it or why i dig it

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911/153427899612?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

It's a scam. That car was for sale in Sydney on Carsales for around $85k. You can also tell from the grainy screenshot pictures

2 minutes ago, JLD said:

It's a scam. That car was for sale in Sydney on Carsales for around $85k. You can also tell from the grainy screenshot pictures

Ok understood.. so if someone wins it on eBay for $54k how will it play out 

3 minutes ago, James P said:

Ok understood.. so if someone wins it on eBay for $54k how will it play out 

the seller will try to convince the buyer to pay before collection and then disappear. Even if it's through PayPal they will withdraw the money and close the bank account

'Presented in Gold with Black leather interior, it has travelled 136,075 kilometres and comes with full books and service history, I can have it deliver.'

and he'll say delivery only to buy some time

12 hours ago, James P said:

Surely people can't be that dumb when buying an item of that value 

Never bet against human stupidity.  Everyone has blind spots and some are larger than others. I personally know someone who sent money overseas for a non existent car.

Its harder to scam with PayPal.  It’s possoble but harder.  More likely to ask for a deposit or similar outside of PayPal and run off with that.  Usual story is offering a discount to avoid the PayPal fees. 

But there are plenty of stories of people wiring money to ‘sellers’ - either deposits or full amounts.   Greed creates blind spots.  Scammers run ads that only the gullible will fall for - they don’t want to waste time dealing with people who are smart enough to spot a scam.   The bad ads and descriptions are a type of low pass filter to sort the gullible from the wise.

We all do it in some way - might not be wiring money for a non existent car, but we are all stupid enough to overpay for things we don’t need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Andy73 said:

A few more on Carsales. I do like Grand Prix white...

7EE67E1B-9224-4C69-BB06-5A69065A26EA.jpeg

532F1168-D853-4D56-B690-23E12ADA5FFD.jpeg

Fraz!!

4 hours ago, Andy73 said:

A few more on Carsales. I do like Grand Prix white...

7EE67E1B-9224-4C69-BB06-5A69065A26EA.jpeg

532F1168-D853-4D56-B690-23E12ADA5FFD.jpeg

White a colour hated for so long but really the stayer  hey 😀

Great looking cars, and not wanting to offend anyone, but when I see this sort of thing I can’t help but think what an absolute bargain my 996.2 GT3 was..... and still are.

I appreciate that in some ways I’m comparing apples & oranges, but the price differential amazes me.

But then I’m old enough to remember how hated the 964 was for such a long time.

020E7A93-ADC3-4A3E-8DB7-D4D8F03212F5.jpeg