14 minutes ago, twro said:

A friend asked an interesting question today, he's thinking about getting either a 964 or a 993, and asked which I thought would make a better investment?

Assuming a C2 with like-for-like condition, drivetrain etc, which do you think might appreciate more over time?

7 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

rarer

Do you know delivery figures to Aus of 964 vs 993?

From my research, there are about twice as many 993's listed for sale each year as 964's. Not sure if the delivery figures match that

13 hours ago, twro said:

Do you know delivery figures to Aus of 964 vs 993?

From my research, there are about twice as many 993's listed for sale each year as 964's. Not sure if the delivery figures match that

**Rough** back-of-envelope numbers Aussie RHD deliveries 

{excluding Turbos but including RS, Speedster, ‘93 C4 Anniversary, Targas and all transmissions)

964 ‘89-‘93 ~ *360 units*

993 ‘94-‘98 ~ *791 units*

cheers SK

insta @rhdporsche

7 hours ago, 1st said:

**Rough** back-of-envelope numbers Aussie RHD deliveries 

{excluding Turbos but including RS, Speedster, ‘93 C4 Anniversary, Targas and all transmissions)

964 ‘89-‘93 ~ *360 units*

993 ‘94-‘98 ~ *791 units*

cheers SK

insta @rhdporsche

My vibe was right on.

1 hour ago, mrar said:

Any idea of Aus del#'s, 964 coupe non sunroof. (Non rs).

I have seen one Aus 993 without sun roof.

Pretty much impossible to source that data …

I can say if you’re after a C2 Coupe just 19% of 964’s sold here were C2 Coupes: 67 cars.

This doesn’t split transmissions ~ it’s anyone’s guess the Tiptronic/manual split within these 67… 

I suggest it worth following the experiences of @mark2559 who just picked up a lovely 964 coupe from nz, landed in NSW, for waaaaay less than one built in the same factory and shipped directly at Aus…. Although his will be a serious hot rod it’s a good insight into alternative (smart)  ways of getting a really nice 964 here.  

26 minutes ago, 1st said:

I can say if you’re after a C2 Coupe just 19% of 964’s sold here were C2 Coupes: 67 cars.

This doesn’t split transmissions ~ it’s anyone’s guess the Tiptronic/manual split within these 67… 

In that era would most of these be Tiptronic?  If so, it does make the C2 Coupe Manual a fairly limited spec.

47 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

I suggest it worth following the experiences of @mark2559 who just picked up a lovely 964 coupe from nz, landed in NSW, for waaaaay less than one built in the same factory and shipped directly at Aus…. Although his will be a serious hot rod it’s a good insight into alternative (smart)  ways of getting a really nice 964 here.  

@mark2559 is it an easy(ish) process bringing a car to Auz from NZ?  The price of a 996 C4S in NZ is half the cost compared to here. 

16 hours ago, 1st said:

Surprised there were only 67 964 coupe's bought into Australia, much lower than I would have thought. 

In our data, from 964's that were listed for sale in the past year or so, roughly 2/3 were manual and 1/3 were tips. This is another surprise to me, I would have guessed more tips than manuals. Average price for tips was about $130,000, average price for manual was $160,000 (this includes C2 + C4, both cab and coupes). 

16 minutes ago, Summon said:

Surprised there were only 67 964 coupe's bought into Australia, much lower than I would have thought. 

In our data, from 964's that were listed for sale in the past year or so, roughly 2/3 were manual and 1/3 were tips. This is another surprise to me, I would have guessed more tips than manuals. Average price for tips was about $130,000, average price for manual was $160,000 (this includes C2 + C4, both cab and coupes). 

911 (964) C2 Coupes - 67

911 (964) C4 Coupes - 81: the full number of C4 deliveries is actually 98 if including the 17 wide body Anniversary coupes delivered in '93

I have a copy of official PCA data if anyone is interested in specifics.

It also includes a breakdown of years cab/coupe/targa etc       

Ie - in 1990:

C2 -Coupe x 79 ,C2 Cab x 39, C2 Targa x 9

C4 - Coupe x 69, C4 Cab x 25, C4 Targa x 7

Simon

Sorry, Figuring out forum - only a new member!

IMG_1826.jpeg

37 minutes ago, on_booost said:

I have a copy of official PCA data if anyone is interested in specifics.

It also includes a breakdown of years cab/coupe/targa etc       

Ie - in 1990:

C2 -Coupe x 79 ,C2 Cab x 39, C2 Targa x 9

C4 - Coupe x 69, C4 Cab x 25, C4 Targa x 7

Simon

Sorry, Figuring out forum - only a new member!

So maybe high 300's or low 400's for C2 coupes if there are roughly 70-90 per year?  I would expect the delivery numbers would be higher in the later years.

@DS911

Not even close mate, MY1990 was by far the biggest year.

1991 = 61 incl 3.3 Turbo

1992 = 32 incl RS+Turbo+Turbo (look) Cab - ZERO C4 in this model year.

1993 = 74 Incl Speedster+Turbo+Anniversary edition C4

Gotta remember, It was still around the BIG depression - and Porsche was on its knees - Pre Toyota and 993 (and the were still making the 928 and 968....)

Wasn't until late 90's that Porches sold more than 1000 cars in a year....

2 minutes ago, on_booost said:

@DS911

Not even close mate, MY1990 was by far the biggest year.

1991 = 61 incl turbo

1992 = 32 incl RS+Turbo+Turbo CAB - ZERO C4 in this model year.

1993 = 74 Incl Speedster+Turbo+Anniversary edition C4

Gotta remember, It was still around the BIG depression - and Porsche was on its knees - Pre Toyota and 993 (and the were still making the 928 and 968....)

Wasn't until late 90's that Porches sold more than 1000 cars in a year....

Thanks for the info.

So how many C2 coupes in total?  Do you know how many of those were manual?