2 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Which one? The discussion I quoted is from 2019. 

The two modded ones are at classic throttle shop currently.  

Ahh...sorry I misintepreted...lol. You got me excited 2x 964 for sale....geez i better be quick.

The 2 modded ones you referring to are the RSR clones (blue and white one)? The blue one price is a tad silly, but the white is seemed cheap in comparison :)

I have a question... 

Which car would you buy assuming condition/colour/ks/service history are the same:

a) An Australian delivered with a Repairable Write Off status from a long time ago

b) A non Australian delivered car with no accident history

10 minutes ago, JLD said:

I have a question... 

Which car would you buy assuming condition/colour/ks/service history are the same:

a) An Australian delivered with a Repairable Write Off status from a long time ago

For me either, whichever is perceived to be better value if all else is equal.

1 hour ago, JLD said:

I have a question... 

The cheapest 😁

At these values nowadays, I'd probably go for the Aussie car and have it repaired with a detailed list and photos of whats been done to assure a future  buyer its not a dodgy heap of shit

9 minutes ago, LeeM said:

The cheapest 😁

At these values nowadays, I'd probably go for the Aussie car and have it repaired with a detailed list and photos of whats been done to assure a future  buyer its not a dodgy heap of shit

a) car is already repaired properly. They're both the same price....

1 hour ago, P-Kay said:

Heart says A for the Aussie delivered, but will always have the stigma, therefore, I choose B

This is my opinion as well.  I feel like a good (ie. non rusty) import will value better in the long term.

I might be wrong but I think a repairable is harder to sell than an import, particularly if the 964 market continues to rise.

4 hours ago, JLD said:

I have a question... 

Is the car in example b) a factory RHD manufactured car?

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

Is the car in example b) a factory RHD manufactured car?

56 minutes ago, JLD said:

yes, and assume no rust

In this case, if the car checks out after a thorough check (ie. PPI) I'd go for b)

On 15/10/2021 at 14:52, DS911 said:

This is my opinion as well.  I feel like a good (ie. non rusty) import will value better in the long term.

I might be wrong but I think a repairable is harder to sell than an import, particularly if the 964 market continues to rise.

whisper i heard was that Singer are looking to offer a 993 based car from next year. not sure how true that is but would expect that would see both 964 and 993 prices staying very strong and buyers of doner cars are not as worried about the providence as long as they are straight

On 18/10/2021 at 09:13, Tips said:

whisper i heard was that Singer are looking to offer a 993 based car from next year. not sure how true that is but would expect that would see both 964 and 993 prices staying very strong and buyers of doner cars are not as worried about the providence as long as they are straight

There goes the another entry price car of great value to the clouds...

To chime in on the 964 story.. I sold a 964 import , got slogged maybe 20%-25%. for no good reason 

I dont get it 45kms car , HK , no cat and a really really good example..

I would buy a ROW RHD car from the right country over a WOVR car .

That said I would buy a WOVR car too but they are getting more and more difficult to register.. Technical Writeoffs are such a crock of shit and the rules around reregistering too , you have to know each car and review it on facts on merit , I would want receipts and photos.

If your the original owner and its written off with little or no commentary by tye insurer , you can basically rebuild a basket case if you show you have bought parts .. and how hard is it to get receipts for parts , they dont even have to be new parts.. Then you just get a roadworthy in most cases..

To close 200k for these modded cars .. way too much in my view.. 

• 3 weeks later...

Seems to be around the right price if Australian delivered, maybe $10k light. But deduct the 'import tax' and it seems over-priced to me. But will tick all the boxes for someone who likes that colour (engine rebuild etc).