8 hours ago, on_booost said:

So you have a Cayman R (what a car BTW) and a 964

I would sell the Cayman R as well;  964 + Cayman R = 991 GT3 or GTS

This also saves me paying for secure garaging, as I would be going from 2 Porsche's to 1.

You could say best of both worlds, but you could also say master of none :)

Yes, the Cayman R is 😍

1 hour ago, twro said:

This also saves me paying for secure garaging, as I would be going from 2 Porsche's to 1.

Yes, the Cayman R is 😍

@Yeatesy will be pissed if your sell the R now, he was looking for one for ages......

19 hours ago, twro said:

Yes, the Cayman R is 😍

I feel your pain - for me it was too many cars and not enough time. And don't go into the cost......

Make sure you drive a 991 GT3 (they are BIIIIIG) compared to what you have (but do shrink around you once used to it) before making any decisions.......

Best of luck!

I am in the keep and add when you can camp. I always seem to regret selling so have made the decision to enjoy what I have and be patient until I can afford the next toy (plus a garage extension to house it!). Though, unfortunately waiting in Porsche land means it will inevitably cost you more when the time comes. Perhaps not with the currently inflated 991 market, however.

If I were to speculate, there will come a time when car prices will soften (how much who knows) but it will be the 991 (at today's price) that will suffer significantly more than the 964 simply because there is a larger supply of them around the place.  In the meantime, 964 are getting snapped up by uber wealthy to create their backdates/ re-creations thus supply is only dwindling away. And if 997's are a go by the 991 prices haven't bottomed yet. But if we get some silly inflation figures going forward, then maybe prices have bottomed. Clear as mud...LOL

It’s not the toys is the secure dry spots to put them that are so expensive.  Or, more accurately, the suitable land to build dry secure spots.  Having said that, people are getting good results with the spaceX starlink satellite internet which coupled with wfh is going to be a game changer for more isolated spots.

I definitely have a 964 bias HOWEVER that price is nuts. Extra weight with no extra power just for the special badge??? Almost 3.6 Turbo money. Same wide hips with 360HP, whale tail and Mike Lowry vibes. 

45 minutes ago, WGA said:

Desirable car...but...at $600K!!! Absolutely not.

Agree @WGA. Does absolutely nothing for me at that price.  That’s v12 Ferrari f12 or newer coin.   I know which I’d rather take on a Sunday morning run!

Seems priced about right at $59,950 once you correct for the obvious typo……..😂

2 hours ago, WGA said:

at $600K!!! Absolutely not.

2 hours ago, Andy73 said:

HOWEVER that price is nuts.

1 hour ago, mc968cs said:

Does absolutely nothing for me at that price

I said I loved the car, I didn't say I loved the price. 

I knew if I posted up that link with no mention of the stupid $$, it would make for some fun conversation  :rofl: 

(Ps. Still love those wide hips, same power or not). 

Did they really put the script on the badge that is mounted on the rear parcel shelf in mirror script ?  Is this so that the driver can read it in the rear view mirror, as a reminder of how special they are ?

How vane can you get ...

10 hours ago, WGA said:

Desirable car...but...at $600K!!! Absolutely not.

I Remember when that car changed hands for half that money about 2 years ago at CTS in Sydney , if the current seller gets the asking price , that is a nice profit ..

But $600K is 964 Turbo money 

4 minutes ago, spiller said:

How many of these unicorns did they make?

If it is a Anniversary  model they produced 911.

11 minutes ago, spiller said:

How many of these unicorns did they make?

Rare doesn’t always mean valuable… 

21 minutes ago, 901er said:

I am a fairly sure it does in Porsche world.

15 minutes ago, tomo said:

I am a fairly sure it does in Porsche world.

I sold an original ‘73 rhd targa a few years back, this is when I learnt first hand.

964 dude is delusional 

19 minutes ago, 901er said:

I sold an original ‘73 rhd targa a few years back, this is when I learnt first hand.

964 dude is delusional 

Shit yea it ain't worth that much dough, a couple of 100 should pull it up, But to be frank, G'day Frank, People are paying  stupid money, for all sorts of cars these days, Some folk just have 2 much dough 😉

4 minutes ago, tomo said:

Shit yea it ain't worth that much dough, a couple of 100 should pull it up, But to be frank, G'day Frank, People are paying  stupid money, for all sorts of cars these days, Some folk just have 2 much dough 😉

Yeah I agree, I’d try to reach for the sky too if owned that thing! 

2 hours ago, 901er said:

Couldn’t agree more. I’d say this thing attracts a 15%-20% premium over a regular 964 of equal condition. 250K max for that car and even then, your buyer pool is very small. 

On 22/01/2022 at 21:00, spiller said:

Couldn’t agree more. I’d say this thing attracts a 15%-20% premium over a regular 964 of equal condition. 250K max for that car and even then, your buyer pool is very small. 

Seems people mix up rare and collectable a bit much especially in Porsche circles.  
Rare often means it didn’t sell too well at the time….

On 23/01/2022 at 19:46, mc968cs said:

Seems people mix up rare and collectable a bit much especially in Porsche circles.  
Rare often means it didn’t sell too well at the time….

This x 100.

This is a very special car.