26 minutes ago, Blue964 said:

what a load of bullshit...much preferred the days when the haters hated 964s...damn you singer

I think Singer may have impacted perceived scarcity of 964’s and hence prices but I think their influence on their popularity is overstated. In my opinion, people who desperately want a 964 aren’t driven by the “singer factor”. Because, truth be told, the average git can’t ever afford a Singer. I think the popularity of the 964 had more to do with people coming around to the 964, seeing how they work either as a OE Plus build or with more significant mods. 

On 22/03/2022 at 19:53, OBRUT said:

Cheap!  

But I may be biased…

No thanks...think I'll buy an RS and have some money left over. That's just a stupid asking price.

On 23/03/2022 at 16:53, hugh said:

Is a speedster worth more than a 964 RS? 

apparently this seller thinks so. 😂

1 hour ago, Blue964 said:

No thanks...think I'll buy an RS and have some money left over. That's just a stupid asking price.

apparently this seller thinks so. 😂

Only some 934 Speedsters built 92-94 compared to some 2834 RS 964 built.

1 hour ago, Blue964 said:

Appreciate that, but they only made a total of 911 jubi's but they aren't commanding anywhere near the asking price of this speedster. 

Yes agree the price on the Speedster is on the fat side for sure ,But did not a Jubi sell the other week for just under 600k ? Be buggered if I would pay it for either of them :)

1 hour ago, reedminor said:

I’ve been lucky to briefly drive both…..  I’d take the Speedster.

jr

I almost choked on my evening Pinot when I read this!

The Speedster is slow and cumbersome compared to an RS...and yes I have driven both...and indeed owned a 964 RS. The 964 RS is close to being the quintessential 911...the 964 Speedster is...well...really just another 964.

16 minutes ago, tomo said:

Yes agree the price on the Speedster is on the fat side for sure ,But did not a Jubi sell the other week for just under 600k ? Be buggered if I would pay it for either of them :)

I'm not that in touch with the market so not sure about the $600k jubi. Like you say I wouldn't pay the price they're asking for either. I don't think either car is particularly special other than low production numbers, but hey each to their own. The RS is a special car you can't question that given the history etc. But I will somewhat controversially suggest RS cars are only special up to the 996RS...everything after that is...well something else. 

13 minutes ago, WGA said:

The Speedster is slow and cumbersome compared to an RS

Not that I've ever driven a speedster....but I was struggling to get my head around that too. Thanks for confirming my thoughts