• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, 911virgin said:

This listing was removed,as of 27/5/22 back on CS, WAS initially asking $150k  now asking $225k

Great looking car and at that price it’s bloody mad if anyone pays it.But I wouldn’t be surprised if someone was tempted by it.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

That sold within one day of listing!

Yep a few hours. On its way to Sydney next week a very happy buyer he’s been looking for the right car for a while and this ticked some box’s 

1 minute ago, Tips said:

Yep a few hours. On its way to Sydney next week a very happy buyer he’s been looking for the right car for a while and this ticked some box’s 

It ticked the “how do I dump quarter of a mil before end FY” box…….

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

68 grand for an engine rebuild? 😳 What did they use, pure gold, titanium and moon dust? Or was it the added flux capacitor? 

I’ve seen the invoices and they add up, lots of go fast bits added during the rebuild. He didn’t pay full ask and for him he sees the value vs many others that have been advertised lately that needed money spent that would have taken some of those cars in excess of what he paid. Would I have paid this much for a 964? No, but it’s not my money and the new owner is happy so think that’s all that matters.

12 hours ago, Tips said:

What a car!! Good stuff always gets the $$$ - always.

As for the engine rebuild..... a stock M97 rebuild is over $50K these days.... Whats a GT3 rebuild - $70K????

Inflation anyone?

Imagine what 9M Billet head 3.8L with all the good bits would cost. Today. In AU pesos? I shudder to think....

11 hours ago, on_booost said:

What a car!! Good stuff always gets the $$$ - always.

As for the engine rebuild..... a stock M97 rebuild is over $50K these days.... Whats a GT3 rebuild - $70K????

996 GT2 engine cost me $65k to rebuild at Fitzgerald about 6 years ago including Mahle 3.8 pistons/barrels and upgraded rods.  Having said that, that price also included a 996TT donor engine ($15k) and lots of other bits replaced because the old engine had a couple of rods punch their way to freedom…..😵💫  

In post covid, war torn, inflationary 2022, likely $70k+ for a rebuild, no donor engine.

image.thumb.png.e714c7620a5f2e758b8b987499d91123.png

1 hour ago, DJM said:

996 GT2 engine cost me $65k to rebuild at Fitzgerald about 6 years ago including Mahle 3.8 pistons/barrels and upgraded rods.  Having said that, that price also included a 996TT donor engine ($15k) and lots of other bits replaced because the old engine had a couple of rods punch their way to freedom…..😵💫  

In post covid, war torn, inflationary 2022, likely $70k+ for a rebuild, no donor engine.

image.png