4 hours ago, P-Kay said:

No wonder I didn't enjoy driving this car over bumpy roads, the front shocks were toast! Most of the oil in them was in the strut housing :(

You will probably find that the oil in the strut housing is meant to be there and not from a leak.  Normally 30ml to 50ml is poured into the strut housing prior to assembly to help with heat transfer (cooling).

Check the assembly guide.

I know, who reads instructions....it's a bloke thing ?

On 9/21/2018 at 4:43 PM, OZ930 said:

I know, who reads instructions....it's a bloke thing ?

Yeah, I did see what looked to be a kettle, a snow flake icon and the same ml range on the instructions but there was definitely more than that. More like 200ml!

I thought it silly to add water into the strut and especially a sealed gas unit? Either way, I know which way to turn my knob for firmness ?

2r5glxd.jpg

21o7eyh.jpg

I almost like lying under the P car and staring at the suspension as much as the F car......almost.....

2lavwcy.jpg

The next time it will look better than this is when I undergo the colour change. So for reference, the almost completed front end....

351ctau.jpg

tz2ti.jpg

@P-Kay, I suggest that some proper stands be purchased.  There is no way that the axels on that trolley are rated to take that much weight.  A very unsafe work area at present with the trolley and boards.  Sorry, just my OH&S background coming into play here and I worry when I see stuff like this.  Always think safety out there people.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Sorry, just my OH&S background coming into play here and I worry when I see stuff like this.  Always think safety out there people.

Noted and stands were exercised when I was under the car ;) 

They say picks or it never happened......

Last weekend was the disassembly and this week the reverse.

• SuperPro bushes on the banana arms
  • standard Porsche rubbers for the spring plates and
  • sway-a-way turbo sized torsion bars.

The Koni's were done the same time as the Front end.

1339639692_IMG_06341.thumb.JPG.7d1054767c1e4ad074950b8450a8a731.JPG