'87 Carrera 3.2 for sale

Or, a block of land in Bayswater (6.5km from Perth CBD, 300m from the Swan River and around the corner from a great cafe strip)... 

Hello everyone, 

Let me explain.  Unfortunately i'm in the position where a spare car in the garage, a sports car no less, is too much for the small business called my family. 

Two things have happened which is forcing my hand. One we bought a small block of land (to try and get ahead...!) that is now just sitting there and two, we can't find appropriate child care now that our daughter is approaching kindy, and because of this either me or my wife cannot work full-time.  And because we both won't be working full-time something has to give.  The block has been on the market for a couple of months, but unfortunately no one wants to buy it.  

We have six months until one of us has to stop work and it's time to start making things happen.  So unless someone wants a nice block of land close to the river and city, i have for sale my dream and my pride and joy; a Autohaus Perth WA delivered 1987 3.2 G50 Carrera.  It's grey / green in colour with the same colour leather interior.  It has 200K on the clock and i am the 4th owner.  I would describe the condition as very good but it does have a few small stone chips because i do drive it.  I've kept all receipts and it's had a recent major service.  The only issues are the front bonnet gas struts don't work and it's missing the cigarette lighter.  All the stickers, books, tool kit and compressor are there.  It does have air con but i've never used it and would say it probably isn't working.  The modification i know about is an aftermarket muffler and the front brake callipers are Boxter callipers. 

I'm asking $55K.  I know i could probably get more, but i'm reluctant for the moment to list it on Carsales because i haven't got the time to deal with tyre kickers, and i want a fast, painless sale. 

Sorry you had to hear the sob story, but i guess i need to vent.  

I'll post pictures in the next few days, and / or i will email pictures to whoever may be interested.  

Life is busy with work and my daughter so i may not reply immediately to emails, but i will get back to you within the day.  

It takes courage to make such a tough decision, family first wins every time. Sounds like your giving it away though, I'm sure it will be sold by the time I write this.

Best of luck with the sale. 

It takes courage to make such a tough decision, family first wins every time. Sounds like your giving it away though, I'm sure it will be sold by the time I write this.

Best of luck with the sale. 

thanks Hugh, it feels like I'm giving it away, but as I said I just want to get over this hurdle.  It's not a fire sale but certainly an emotional one which may not be the smartest I'll ever make. 

Ladies and gents, I can vouch for this vehicle as being a great example of a well looked after Carrera.

I've tried a few times to convince Norm not to sell, but as has been stated family comes first.

If I had the spare dosh lying around I would snap it up in a heartbeat just to keep it here in WA.

Let the bidding war commence.

Good luck Stooge ;)

Please sell it to Monty Norm. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing genuine sales like this and then seeing the car on the market a couple months later for $20k more. Don't let some clown take advantage of your situation to make a buck. Monty is the real deal.

Good luck Norm with the sale although I don't think you need it. I had to make the same decision a little while again which was very tough but the right thing to do for family. Hopefully there will be a Porsche in yours, and my, future!

Thanks to everyone for their replies.  As you can imagine i've had several messages and a lot of interest, and have tried to respond as fast as i can.  Sorry to those i haven't been able to get back to.  

I'm currently negotiating with someone, and it seems like a good home to go to. 

Stay tuned. 

• 1 year later...

Archived