WTB wheels, exhaust and headers

GRK911

Hello All,

I am after a set of wheels for my 930. Would love an original set of 16x7 and 16x9 fuchs but am willing to look at just about anything.

Also after an aftermarket set of headers and a muffler that will suit the 930. If anyone has something to sell feel free to call or email me.

Regards Jim

0423 075 123

jimk@lvfurniture.com.au

Guest vas930

Hi Jim.Not easy to find these wheels as original or good condition. The search will be well worth it ,as they are the best looking wheel for the 930. They came as 16x7 and 16x8. I did see some originals on ebay on monday, as well as some reps. I will have a good look internationaly over the next few days. If you find some let me know. Keep in mind its not recomended to use more than 17s on these cars, if you go aftermarket. Good Luck. Vas. 79 930. :)

Guest vas930

Just check 930s on the carsales site. A couple of cars with aftermarket wheels for sale that still have the originals on the side. Worth an offer I think. Vas.

Guest vas930

If you want 17s check out Zuffenhaus in the US. They do a replica fuchs wheel in 15s and 17s. I dont know how good they are. About $3500 for the set.

A reliable Australian based source in the know in the Porsche world, is publicising THAT YOU MUST NOT BUY FROM THE FUCH FACTORY IN QUEENSLAND.An alledged scam is involved and the Police are investigating.

Looks like I am going to have to settle for a replica set of fuchs. how fat a tyre will I be able to fit on 16x9 rears? Also, has anyone got any experience with mille miglia exhausts?

What year manufacture is your 930? Wheel and tyre sizes are dependent on this.Factory sizes are the result of lots of testing, so my advice is to stay factory spec for balanced handling and ride. Too wide a tyre will upset this handling if you have factory suspension. What wheels do you have now?

Guest vas930

Yes 7s and 8s for 78 to 85 turbos, factory tire was 205/55-16 and 245/50 -16 1986 to 89 had 7s and 9s with 205/55-16 and 245/45-16 Both combonations should be fine. I personaly would stick to the factory specs. Porsche dont do things for no reason. I made the 7 and 8 ref as I thought you said your car was an 84. As for the exhaust Jim, you have my ph no, you can give me a call if you like. The exhaust on a turbo must be correct, I can give you some info. Good Luck. Vas.

I have been able to source 265x45x16 tyres. Would they suit? I was thinking 2156x45x16 for the front to give the back that real fat look.

Do you have a local source for this size tyre? I assume you are referring to the Kumho KU36's.

I have been looking locally for this size for some time and havent found any in stock.

Archived