Wanted GT3 996 MK1 or MK2 (CS)

hugh

I've seen the lex lasry cup car in the link above at cairns in Hallam.  Clean car.  Lex is a Supreme Court judge, likely to be an honest seller!  He is a "gentleman racer" and I suspect the car will have been maintained regardless of cost. I believe recently it's been run in club events rather than crash and bash racing.  Don't know it's history but Sean Cairns could tell you.  

Seems crazy to consider a road reg race car at $95k when not long ago you could buy a clean unraced road car for the same money.  That's the market though.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am of course biased to silver, but Carrara white is probably THE best colour for 6 GT3... maybe that is because of the Cups & RS? I don't know... it just looks fast standing still! 

I am of course biased to silver, but Carrara white is probably THE best colour for 6 GT3... maybe that is because of the Cups & RS? I don't know... it just looks fast standing still! 

Go on............rub it in! :D

the RL'ers seem to be looking at dealer cars like that with quite a bit of disdain. Lots of comments suggesting artificial price inflation etc etc but come to think of it the same thing has been happening here with most of the cars advertised in the 120-130 bracket being dealer cars. They all sold at the end of the day though.

If the one your thinking of belongs to a member on here its not available any more due to a change of heart. ;)

Sorry about that Hugh:( Good luck on your quest. The 996GT3 market seems to have shifted the other way in the past few months. When I was watching the market 6 months ago there were quite a few around and these days they all seem to have disappeared from the market--maybe the owners have changed their mind;)

Sorry about that Hugh:( Good luck on your quest. The 996GT3 market seems to have shifted the other way in the past few months. When I was watching the market 6 months ago there were quite a few around and these days they all seem to have disappeared from the market--maybe the owners have changed their mind;)

No need for apologies, I should have jumped on it before you had a chance to get it out! :lol:;):)

As you can imagine I've been giving this particular topic a lot of thought and to be honest I've had a few ideas in mind....................

Its interesting to see the direction the thread has taken in regards to modifying and looking at broader alternatives. I must say its something that I wasn't expecting (generally) but I'm glad there is some support out there. 

Lets just hope that Magnus doesn't start talking about GT3's - "streetable track car" could have a whole new meaning. 

Magnus is seeking a 996 GT2 already..... GT3 can't be too far away! 

?

MW currently has a 964C2 project underway so maybe that is why there's a lack of 964s out there these days:) He has also turned his attention to 944s but it would appear that MW's star power isn't enough to cause a mad rush on 944s...I wonder why:)

• 3 weeks later...

See what's for sale thread - it's suspected the GT3 was crashed and well repaired, get the facts and negotiate accordingly.  Perfect for a Hugh project at the right price.  

I've seen the lex lasry cup car in the link above at cairns in Hallam.  Clean car.  Lex is a Supreme Court judge, likely to be an honest seller!  He is a "gentleman racer" and I suspect the car will have been maintained regardless of cost. I believe recently it's been run in club events rather than crash and bash racing.  Don't know it's history but Sean Cairns could tell you.  

Seems crazy to consider a road reg race car at $95k when not long ago you could buy a clean unraced road car for the same money.  That's the market though.

mate just bought the lasry car…it'll keep on tarmac rallying. he did the maths it'd be a costly exercise to make it even close to a street eater. But can be driven on the road and is the first 996 GT3 delivered to oz

Nonetheless, the 'crashed' car is "very good" in all aspects according to Peter Fitzgerald and there are "no faults in any way, looks completely brand new". 

So long as you have been made aware of the fact and what it involved that's all. Its obviously priced 'sharp'  - just make sure you know what your getting into. 

mate just bought the lasry car…it'll keep on tarmac rallying. he did the maths it'd be a costly exercise to make it even close to a street eater. But can be driven on the road and is the first 996 GT3 delivered to oz

Most of those Nations Cup competition cars were the first of the cars delivered to Aus - prior to any form of 'Cup Car' variant. 

Nonetheless, the 'crashed' car is "very good" in all aspects according to Peter Fitzgerald and there are "no faults in any way, looks completely brand new". 

yep, peter told me the same as we were standing beside it.  "Light rollover" repaired I believe?  Certainly looks clean and straight.  Bonus new paint job too!

There have been several 996 GT3's in the recent weeks that have sold prior to reaching the public. CTS etc.

Have you got hold of any yet Hugh?

No, nothing of interest but I'm in no real rush either. 

An arctic silver touring with leather buckets and tequipment roll bar sold a few weeks ago here in Adelaide for circa 100K. Very clean car with about 35K kms. Owner paid north of 115K about 3 years ago and was selling as he is moving to Asia for work. I think he was just keen to move it on, someone got a good deal. 

Archived