Porsche V8 supports

LeeM

Great to see Porsche win today among the Mclarens, Lambo's and Ferraris in the GT's

Get well soon to Roger Lago from the Carrera Cup. That was a massive crash, and didnt look good initially.

Pleased to hear he is ok

• 1 year later...

A plethora of Porsche action at Eastern Creek this weekend. Oz Carrera cup, Asian Carrera cup, and a race between Oz and Asian entrants. And Walkinshaw Porsche are up the front in the GT series qualifying

Bugger the V8 taxi's!

I agree Lee would love to go and watch all the P car action as SMSP is only 10 min away ,,,but can not stand being around the Wanker V8 Taxi fans ............:o 

Makes me laugh when the Volvo tops the practice times in the V8,s must drive the ford and holden fans mad ...............:P:P:P

Q1 911 Walkinshaw GT3 John Martin Porsche 911 GT3-R 4000 CMP 10 10 1:27.0834*

I'm only really interested in the Carrera cup and GT series now, as its better racing, and the exotic machinery ontrack is exceptional. The V8 crowd are, as you say, mostly a bunch of wankers, and the Holden v Ford thing is getting pathetic, so I too love it when the Volvo or Nissan get a pole or win

John Martin and Adrian Burgess have done a great job developing the Walkinshaw Porsche with their experience, and the factory tech support they are receiving, so hopefully a podium is on the cards this weekend. I think its a look into the future for Walkinshaw Racing after losing the factory HRT V8 tag to Red Bull/888, and with Ryan Walkinshaw apparently sniffing around at the Spa 24 hour recently, I can see them having a lesser role in Supercars. A few of the V8 drivers are wanting to compete in the GT series too, and I would love to see Van Gisbergen in a factory supported Porsche, not a Mclaren as he is now overseas

I agree with your comment about Ryan Walkinshaw looking into the future ,,,why would you waste your time and effort on a category that is limited to Australia only ie V8 supercars ,,,,The Gt category is international ,,they can compete all over the world ,,,I really do wish them great success with this new car and would love to see some our young talented drivers competing at an international level and not just forced to race those damn taxi,s ,,,,I think Ryan knows he is on a good thing getting involved with Porsche as they are financially doing well unlike both GM and Ford ,,,,I wish him success in this new venture :D

Which is why I think the Australian GT series will get stronger, as anyone that has the financial means can buy a competative car, unlike the V8's.  I agree that young Australian drivers should look to that series, as it is global and European teams are looking here for talent. The V8's has a limited future with the possibility of the series becoming V6 turbo's (yawn), and I hope the GT's become the premier class in Oz

Archived