My track in-car videos so far..

• 4 months later...

Some of my photos. Great looking car and good to see you having a go.

Thanks for the photos! I haven't checked this forum for a long time

Another one from last weekend (was too sunny and I don't know how to use the gopro properly):

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thats a good quick lap JT, you know you have more time in that lap... Congrats on the lap record in our class 

I was 3 seconds slower than last year, i couldn't get a clear lap in group 1 all day 

Hey James, I actually missed out on the lap record by 0.06 of a second! Yeah group 1 is a bit silly, they should put all of the GT2 cars in Group 2 - leave the open & cup cars to go in Group 1. 

That lap was actually in the first session, couldn't go any faster - the car felt so soft, I think tyre pressures were too low, it just wasn't as responsive as the first session for sure

Hey James, I actually missed out on the lap record by 0.06 of a second! Yeah group 1 is a bit silly, they should put all of the GT2 cars in Group 2 - leave the open & cup cars to go in Group 1. 
That lap was actually in the first session, couldn't go any faster - the car felt so soft, I think tyre pressures were too low, it just wasn't as responsive as the first session for sure

wow 0.06 so close.. last year i was 0.30 off the lap record I'm sure you will get it next time

The problem in group 1 was all the GT cars testing for the Bathurst 12hr i just had to keep getting out of the way & give them room, its hard to keep up with the SLS AMG & 458

wow 0.06 so close.. last year i was 0.30 off the lap record I'm sure you will get it next time

The problem in group 1 was all the GT cars testing for the Bathurst 12hr i just had to keep getting out of the way & give them room, its hard to keep up with the SLS AMG & 458

yeah for sure, leave something for next time out haha

Anyway, why are you selling your car? We can't afford to lose people from GT2!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

1:22 at Sandown in the RS looks so easy, once you get the hang of it and ring it's neck, it will be in the teens for sure.  Amazing for a showroom fresh road car.

Yeah it's an easy car to drive, it could have gone into the teens easily but there was still a river across the track after turn 1 and an annoying wet patch on the line before the final corner! Also they took off the "150" & "200" braking markers down the main straight which made it hard to learn the braking abilities of the car...obviously much higher than I was using them

• 3 weeks later...

Only 1 car on track at a time?  Must have been a long wait between runs. To me that track feels like it is better suited to go karts.  Too narrow and short for my liking.  But I guess in VIC it's nice to mix it up with Sandown and PI.

Archived