As Pauline once said....Please explain...!!

PeterP

Let's say hypothetically one was looking at 996 / 997 cars. When it says auto, when does it change from buttons on the front of the wheel for "manual" shift to paddles on the back of the wheel...??

just asking.....

thanks?

When I was looking for my Cayman I noticed an 09 series 2 Cayman with PDK, but it didn't have paddles, it just had the buttons on the steering wheel. So I am thinking (at least when PDK first came out) that the paddles were an option. 

Very rarely use my paddles. Novelty wore off quickly. If budget permits go PDK. 

PDK has paddles though? I had a VW R32 that could be driven in auto or manual with their version of a dual clutch system,mis that similar?

appreciate the feedback, as it just makes it clear for me....

cheer

PDK has paddles though? I had a VW R32 that could be driven in auto or manual with their version of a dual clutch system,mis that similar?

appreciate the feedback, as it just makes it clear for me....

cheer

yeah but it's just one option to change gears. The reality is that it's an auto and PDK is so good and smooth you might aswell just put your foot down. Getting the gear changes right with the paddles can be a little frustrating and never feels natural. You can also change gears by tapping the gear stick but again no real point in it. Neither option is really a manual, they just give you a feeling you at least doing something.

TIP is a different animal and more sluggish. It's ok if you are feeling lazy, but is no where near the immediate response as PDK. 

Go go to your local dealer and get a test drive. They are such a different experience than the old girls and yes lack all of the 'feel' that we love :)

Archived