HELP! 98 Subaru WRX

Hey,

Need help to get the WRX on the streets.

I bought a 1998 Subaru WRX around 3 years ago, it was a repairable write off (storm affected).

Nothing was wrong with the car. It was completely stock as well, thankfully.

I gave it a major service, new tyres and cleaned out the interior.

Its been sitting in the garage since.

In order to get it registered i need to be a resident in Canberra or Melbourne.

Can anyone help me get it registered or have any advice?

Funnily enough I picked up a club spec from the same period as I had one new back in the days, the novelty soon wore out and I ended up selling it pretty pronto.... If you knew someone in Melbourne it's as easy as getting a RWC and booking it in for rego as none of these cars where on the wovr.. Once you have your plates and rego you can then sell it immediately to yourself and get your NSW pink slip.. Don't forget to cash in VIC rego, you'll be out of the pocket the 4% vic stamp duty which would only be a couple hundred dollars anyway at market value.  

Hope this makes sense...it's been done by a couple people I've spoken too .

Funnily enough I picked up a club spec from the same period as I had one new back in the days, the novelty soon wore out and I ended up selling it pretty pronto.... If you knew someone in Melbourne it's as easy as getting a RWC and booking it in for rego as none of these cars where on the wovr.. Once you have your plates and rego you can then sell it immediately to yourself and get your NSW pink slip.. Don't forget to cash in VIC rego, you'll be out of the pocket the 4% vic stamp duty which would only be a couple hundred dollars anyway at market value.  

Hope this makes sense...it's been done by a couple people I've spoken too .

Thanks for the advice Smule,

The hardest part is trying to find someone in Melbourne or Canberra to do this procedure.

Are any PFA members in Melbourne or Canberra willing to help me do what Smule said?

From experience they have to go to the state that first registered them on the WOVR (Written Off Vehicle Register) be inspected there and then get cleared and that's only so long as it was a record showing as "Repairable".

Thanks KBRr4 it is a repairable write off, in that case ill have to find somebody in Melbourne that can help me.

I still have all the paper work from Pickles Auction.

Could anyone in Melbourne help me get the car registered? like Smule explained

Archived