Show us your Motorcyle(s)

while on the topic of dirt bikes, here's my off road pig. not as nimble as the other dirt bikes on this thread, but there is something about a big single cylinder 650 that i like. many years ago i owned a cr500 and to be honest i'm surprised i'm still alive to tell the tale..that cr500 was a widow maker and a hell of a lot of fun to ride, but far too old for it these days.

IMG_8776_zpsvb61qjot.jpg

• 1 month later...

My father in law has this for sale for $7,900 ono or swap for a Bonneville, he bought it new when he was 65 and has recently stopped riding it because he feels uneasy getting on and off, he is only 5'7" and 75 now, this bike is immaculate and never been dropped, Triumph Speed Triple June 06 build,

20160612_1409041.jpg

20160612_1409551.jpg

20160612_1410111.jpg

20160612_1410191.jpg

20160612_1410431.jpg

OMG!  That looks like it's brand new!

I think i was telling you about this bike when you were looking for a track bike, probably not a good one for the track though, everything he owns looks like this, it's rubbed off on me i think:)

He has a low km Eunos (MX5) sitting in the garage that's very tidy also.

Edited by TINGY944

• 1 month later...

My father in law has this for sale for $7,900 ono or swap for a Bonneville, he bought it new when he was 65 and has recently stopped riding it because he feels uneasy getting on and off, he is only 5'7" and 75 now, this bike is immaculate and never been dropped, Triumph Speed Triple June 06 build,

Love a speed triple. That thing looks like it was just wheeled off the showroom floor.

20160612_1409041.jpg

Price dropped and he wants it gone, he was hoping a grandson would pick it up but dirt bikes rule their world at the moment.

This is a must stop if you reside in Melbourne -http://antiquemotorcycle.com.au/ He made a cafe/bar about 8months ago. http://nakedracer.com.au/ that is at the front of his workshop, 

Its near Moorabbin airport , the bikes are insane and the food is great.

Prices are cheap....NOT! 

http://antiquemotorcycle.com.au/1985-suzuki-gsxr-750/

Thats just hilariously ridiculous

Prices are cheap....NOT! 

http://antiquemotorcycle.com.au/1985-suzuki-gsxr-750/

Thats just hilariously ridiculous

The cafe/bar is pretty damn good for backyard suburbia - website doesnt do it justice. He would have spent a pretty penny on it. Money needs to come from somewhere. 

Some rare bikes in there - The owner scoots around on this thing on occasion

oh yea...its badass - its a jet powered bike. 

F1000025.jpg

Its no wonder he can afford the jet bike

And the rest, there are some very cool pieces in there, 1/2 the floor is not for sale. Not saying he is where to buy a bike from,I honestly dont know the relative prices and I dont even ride. He is near my mechanic friend's old workshop so we would kick back there every Saturday. Nice bloke and has an amazing collection.A worthy pit stop. Next you are you are in Melbourne its a cool place to visit. Plus these - http://www.foxcollection.org.au/ , http://www.theage.com.au/news/restaurant-reviews/caffe-veloce/2008/02/04/1202090305621.html :) 

Edited by Macca

20160612_1409041.jpg

20160612_1409551.jpg

20160612_1410111.jpg

20160612_1410191.jpg

20160612_1410431.jpg

Bumping to be back on topic. 

• 3 months later...

Friend of mine is a bike nut , British bikes of the 50s and 60s mostly. He can fab/fix anything on these. His mate is into various pricey stuff ; today I inspected his '48 Vincent , worth at least $80k. Mate says he has "6 or 7 of them". Like air cooled Porsches , they are being bought as collector items by "Rich Russians" and the like. But this local guy though wealthy , is the absolute enthusiast. He offered me a Porsche but it was too modern for me.

Vincent : fabulous engineering , looks & performance!

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/17358/lot/413/?category=list

• 1 year later...

Great shot Peter, bike looks awesome and reminded me that Ducati come in other colours than red and yellow and like the gold frame ?. We are starting to get some blue skies and warmer days down here and I’ve been chasing an electronics gremlin on one of the bikes so haven’t done much riding over the cooler months but your photo has got my motivation up so did a quick check list of what I need to do on the annual maintenance side of things so I can get out there and ride... change engine oil, filters, brake fluid, fork oil, a master cylinder kit, and new fork seals. Might stop looking at any more for now ?

40 minutes ago, 9r said:

Might stop looking at any more for now ?

Ha ha, I can relate to having a list of things to attend to and only managed to get to the "It now should run and start reliably" point a week before that photo was taken!  Hopefully next run on the Oxley will be this Friday.

But I gotta say I like yellow Ducati's best!

Nice bike @Peter M Love the older 900's, especially the first generation ones. I raced a Yamaha TRX850 for coupla years which was a direct rip off of the 900, and with some small suspension mods and flat slide carbs, I was beating 900ss and 916's pretty regularly which really pissed off the Ducati owners ?  That Yamaha was the best handling bike I've ever ridden. Just needed another 50hp and it would have been the perfect bike

I looked at building an older 900ss as a Paul Smart tribute thing with the blue frame as a long term hobby, though with the stat write off thing nowadays and having to have receipts for everything when you rebuild a bike, it's gotten too hard with rego inspection and not cost effective so it would just be an expensive mancave ornament. Cheaper to just find a good one