Show us your Motorcyle(s)

Lee,

I bought a set of FCR41's for mine but realised it's a bit to good and rare (only 22 delivered to OZ) to start chopping up so am planning to eventually buy a plain '97 SS that whilst nearly has all the good stuff of the FE, low mileage ones can be picked up for around $7k.  A set of FCR's, a SL/FE seat unit and set of later SS1000DS wheels, swing arm and forks would make a very nice bike. 

50 minutes ago, LeeM said:

That Yamaha was the best handling bike I've ever ridden. Just needed another 50hp and it would have been the perfect bike

Lee you summed the little TRX up perfectly... awesome front end, add some 4spot calipers which bolted straight on and nothing would best them in tighter stuff... but add any open stuff and the poor things went backwards

35 minutes ago, Airhead said:

Lee -  I had a TRX roady for a few years. Absolutely fantastic bike. Cruisin or fangin was a lot of fun. Loaded it up and rode to Qld and spent 3 months hanging around just riding and camping.

Wow, one other person who actually likes them! Thought it was just me ?

I first bought a Jap import which I loved, though I swapped bikes with my now ex missus for a while in the hills, and she fell in love with it. She could out ride anyone I knew in the hills (get ya mind out of the gutter), so I swapped her YZF 600 for the TRX. She really should have raced that girl. I ended up buying a new TRX and did the suspension mods etc to that as a daily rider/race bike. I'd REALLY love to build a copy of the OVER Racing Project TRX which Alan Cathcart raced, as that thing had a top speed of 258kph and all the best suspension available. I still have a big poster of it in the mancave and always say 'One day' 

24 minutes ago, 9r said:

Lee you summed the little TRX up perfectly... awesome front end, add some 4spot calipers which bolted straight on and nothing would best them in tighter stuff... but add any open stuff and the poor things went backwards

Yeah, great little bikes mate. I was on bugger all budget, so all I did was fit gold valves and 5w oil in the field and pulled them through the yokes by 15mm and some R1 calipers with stock lines. Shortened the bottom shock mount dog bones by 8mm which raises the rear. Flat slide carbs and adjust the throttle position sensor, pair of Staintune mufflers and that was it and a totally stock engine. Added slicks later on when I could afford them and scored a second set of rims cheap, as after a race meeting I had to put it back in road trim for Monday ride to work. I've owned loads of bikes, and that one is my all time favourite alongside the 916

This was Mallala turn one when I returned to racing after a few years of Karts on some dodgy Dunlop road tyres.

20181006_140624.png

I’d forgotten about the Cathcart OVER Racing TRX, wonder if I still have the AMCN mag that had the article. It was certainly everyone fantasy TRX. Those Staintunes were quality bit of kit and sounded great with the flat slides. Nice pic and looks every bit of 15mm on those forks!

These 2 bikes were my inspiration when I was racing the 850. Cathcarts green Over bike and Taira/Sarron' Suzuka 8 hour bike. I had a long chat with a Japanese mechanic who worked on Taira's bike, and he told me the engine was basically all titanium including the heads and chassis and it was built by the Yamaha race factory in top secret, as Ducati were sniffing around. Apparently Nori Haga bought it and claims it is one of his favourite bikes he's every ridden (not many know he loves twins and used to race Ducati's before he made it big in World Superbikes) then it disappeared. Cathcarts bike he tried to buy but Yamaha wouldn't allow it at the time because it had loads of secrets they didn't want getting out in public. No idea what happened to it, yet it is definitely my favourite bike of all time just to look at. 

@9r I still have that AMCN mag that has the Stafford built beast featured. That was a big dollar build and would have been a weapon around the Island or anywhere else. I spoke with Ken Wooton about it when he was at the Buell B.E.A.R.S (British,European,American racing series) round I was racing at in Mt Gambier and he loved it as much as the OVER bike the bastard got to try. He wanted to try mine because I was getting 3rds among the Ducati's etc (sorry to gloat, but I was proud of that bike) yet he couldn't get time. 

They're a strange bike to ride quickly in stock form, yet tweak them a little bit and they're an amazing thing to ride

20181006_174516.jpg

Me circa 1975 as a 13yo. I loved that XR75 red devil, this allowed the first form of freedom from the old folks.

Mates dad used to take us to the Yellow Rock motocross track occasionally, man I wish life was that easy again.

IJNJcQA.jpg

Hi Peter

It's a K1100. I've had this one for about 12 years and a K100 before this one. This is about the 4th or 5th sidecar that it's had.

No drive to the 3rd wheel. Doesn't need it. You'd be surprised at where this outfit has been.

In fact it's only let me down once (that is why Adam said "don't break it". He knows why) and that was just recently back in August.

The sidecar wheel axle bent 50km short of Dalhousie springs due to the corrugations. I tried a different suspension unit on that trip but it failed so wont be using that again.

I've only had to use the winch once and that was to get me out of sand just after a creek crossing up in the Gulf of Carpentaria back in 2008.

59 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Here is my regular ride just after I repainted it. I like going out to remote bush. My boy racer days are well and truly over.

778IMG2294.jpg

K series are great, had a k100 for years, a mate of mine has a Ducati Darmah outfit that’s been everywhere, ugly bastard, but it seems to work well 

1 minute ago, StevepGT3 said:

K series are great, had a k100 for years, a mate of mine has a Ducati Darmah outfit that’s been everywhere, ugly bastard, but it seems to work well 

That's a bit harsh, oh you mean the bike ;)

That Ducati Darmah wouldn't happen to be black would it? If so I know the bloke who owns it (well sort of). I met up with him at the top of Cape York back in 2012. Just can't remember his name.An older gentleman.

4 minutes ago, 3legs said:

That Ducati Darmah wouldn't happen to be black would it? If so I know the bloke who owns it (well sort of). I met up with him at the top of Cape York back in 2012. Just can't remember his name.An older gentleman.

That would be him, it is black with an extended( height) tank, his name is Mal. I’ve known him since the 80,s Good mate, good bloke, total nut bag 

That's him. Here's a pic of the bike. I have seen the bike at various rallies around Australia over the years but only actually camped with him for the first time at Loyalty beach at Cape York in 2012. I can't remember where I took this photo. I think it was Wanaaring NSW. 

IMGP1217.jpg

3 minutes ago, 3legs said:

That's him. Here's a pic of the bike. I have seen the bike at various rallies around Australia over the years but only actually camped with him for the first time at Loyalty beach at Cape York in 2012. I can't remember where I took this photo. I think it was Wanaaring NSW. 

IMGP1217.jpg

That’s it alright, I’ve been in the sidecar a couple of times when it wasn’t full of ice and beer.