Show us your Motorcyle(s)

Can't say I've had too many Bultaco ownership fantasies, probably as a result of witnessing too many recalcitrant ones when I was young and impressionable. 

Nah, for me, the number one bike in the "I'd like to own but know will probably won't live up to expectations" category has to be:

BqkLSdD.jpg

This one's been for sale for a fair while for around $10k and do admit to looking at the advert regularly.  Then I realise I don't ride the Ducati I have now and how can I justify another!   https://classicmotorcyclesales.com.au/bikes/moto-morini-500-excellent-condition-10213-miles/

All bevel drive Dukes probably fit in this category too.  But one day I know need to take the plunge.....

40 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Can't say I've had to many Bultaco ownership fantasies, probably as a result of witnessing to many recalcitrant ones when I was young and impressionable. 

Nah, for me, the number one bike in the "I'd like to own but know will probably won't live up to expectations" category has to be:

BqkLSdD.jpg

This one's been for sale for a fair while for around $10k and do admit to looking at the advert regularly.  Then I realise I don't ride the Ducati I have now and how can I justify another!   https://classicmotorcyclesales.com.au/bikes/moto-morini-500-excellent-condition-10213-miles/

All bevel drive Dukes probably fit in this category too.  But one day I know need to take the plunge.....

I’ve ridden a Morini, and it was a bit ho hum IMHO and not in the same league as a Pantah at the time, as for bevel drives, again IMHO GT750 is the sweetest, but Darmah with 40 mm carbs and conti’s would be my pick for all round enjoyment 

• 2 months later...

Never been a huge Wayne Gairdner fan but was surprised how much I enjoyed watching the doco "Wayne" on Stan today. Apparently it was released last year to good reviews.

If you grew up watching the Castrol 6 Hour and the GP bikes in the eighties you'll love it.  The interviewees really make the film and it's worth a watch just for that.

The trailer is a bit naf and doesn't do the film justice.  The first 10 minutes of the film I also found a bit sketchy but persist and it pays off.

We also see his 928S and 930 so this is a valid post on PFA!

@Peter M Yeah, I did expect something else (read below) yet it was a good insight for those who didn't know about his career.

I was a massive Gardner fan, and even got to hang out with his mum at their parts business warehouse in Wollongong when I went to the GP at Eastern Creek. Got to sit on all of Wayne's race bikes including the NSR and look at so much stuff from his racing days. Shirley (his mum) even gave me one of Wayne's shirts and jacket from the Rothmans team. Helluva trip.

I only met him when he was racing V8's at Mallala and got him to sign my jacket (was my only reason for going there to meet him). They say "Never meet your heroes" and they're right. He's got to be THE most arrogant, self centered twat I have ever had the displeasure of meeting, which is a very common analogy from quite a few other people. Sure, be focussed and a little arrogant to be the best in whatever it is that you do, but you don't have to be an utter dick about it. His son who is in MotoGP2 has the exact same traits blaming everything and everyone but himself for his shortcomings and problems. The apple never falls far from the tree! 

Not in my stewardship yet but my dad still has his B.S.A dbd34 Goldstar engine got rebuilt some years ago and is now a 600cc, bike is mint he also has a B.S.A b31 a Harley and just bought an old Moto Guzzi not bad for someone fast approaching 80.I need to get some photos 

HAHA! I was keen to buy a Rallye 'X' but the bigger 32ltr tank of the Rallye 'A' got me. I tend to do a lot of big klm rides so it was a no brainer to have the extra range. 

How do you ilke the seat? I also bought the full front and rear seat set for when I take the wife out but much rather the Rallye seat on it if it's just me. 

Have you plugged in the red plug yet to open up the Pro modes? I've only been messing around with the enduro mode turning everything off mostly. 

I just go with a Rotopax for extra fuel when I need it. The seat is brilliant. Coming from an enduro/desert racing background I find it a must to able to move up down the seat, especially when in the sand. I personally don’t have a problem with the firmness but I can see how a passenger wouldn’t love it on a longer ride. I’ve actually only ridden the bike twice without the red plug when I was running it in. I prefer running without the rear ABS and traction control. I find the greatest part of the bike is the suspension. Being able to switch from hard to soft depending on terrain is brilliant. They are just such great bikes!

On 08/12/2019 at 15:40, Shedpest said:

Couple of old shitters

2EDFF207-AC60-4E01-A034-2F75BC8450A6.jpeg

😲😲😲

OMG

You win 😎

On 30/09/2019 at 20:50, OBRUT said:

Back on two wheels. Don’t laugh, these are as quick as a very quick thing. 

174E3C7E-EDBF-4F68-B3A1-E81701D4FBB2.jpeg

My Aprilia Sportcity has become the go to vehicle for running around. Too much fun. 😎😁

11 hours ago, RwGreeny said:

I just go with a Rotopax for extra fuel when I need it. The seat is brilliant. Coming from an enduro/desert racing background I find it a must to able to move up down the seat, especially when in the sand. I personally don’t have a problem with the firmness but I can see how a passenger wouldn’t love it on a longer ride. I’ve actually only ridden the bike twice without the red plug when I was running it in. I prefer running without the rear ABS and traction control. I find the greatest part of the bike is the suspension. Being able to switch from hard to soft depending on terrain is brilliant. They are just such great bikes!

I used the Rotopax system when doing a trip through The Gibb  river and Tanamai it's a great system . Used it for fuel and water

1200.jpg